In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Welcome, Jim.

It would be good to have intel on interesting aircraft at Glendale. I go by there every once in a while, but there usually isn't much happening.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Scott Youmans

Welcome Jim!  I understand the Left Seat restaurant is going to be opening there soon.  Sky Harbor failed to renew their lease or some such thing.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jim Baker

Thanks, Chris, no there's not a lot going on but when things do go on, there's cool stuff.  There's a Royal Canadian T-6 Texan II sitting on the ramp right now, leaving tomorrow morning, and tomorrow's going to be a zoo with the Dallas Cowboys game.  So all you GA jet spotters may want to sit at the end of the runway and get the jets coming and going. 

And yes, the Left Seat is coming in.  They've been moving in furniture this week, and Karen says she hopes to be up and running by the first of the year.  Fingers crossed; they're good people, good food, good service, and we're looking forward to it.

Jim

------------------
Takeoffs are optional.  Landings are mandatory.

cpasley

Howdy Jim, for a second there I was gonna ask ask if your the same Jim Baker that took al my grandma's money but I guess that was another Jim Baker with 2 k's, lol I was looking over your website, great work, good to see some new blood come through, welcome

Jim Baker

Haha and there's never been a Tammy.  Except for the hot little Vietnamese girl whose pics I'm working on now... :)
------------------
Takeoffs are optional.  Landings are mandatory.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

anwmn1

Hello-

I am new to the site and to aero photography but not to photography itself. I primarily shoot landscapes but have also shot portraits, weddings, automotive, and products. I heard about this site from my friend Chris Voyles and look forward to shooting...er...photographing aircraft. 

My work can be found on my website: www.CapturingLightandEmotion.com and on 500px.com http://500px.com/CapturingLightandEmotion

Jay Beckman

Quote from: anwmn1 on January 31, 2012, 08:35:31 PM
Hello-

I am new to the site and to aero photography but not to photography itself. I primarily shoot landscapes but have also shot portraits, weddings, automotive, and products. I heard about this site from my friend Chris Voyles and look forward to shooting...er...photographing aircraft. 

My work can be found on my website: www.CapturingLightandEmotion.com and on 500px.com http://500px.com/CapturingLightandEmotion

Welcome Aaron!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

cpasley

Aaron you are very talented, im interested to see what you can do shooting planes, welcome!

Jay Beckman

We seem to have added some new members over the last few weeks.

Bumping this in the hope that they'll introduce themselves.   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

James Stemm

Hello,

I've met quite a few of the folks around here but not everyone so I thought I should introduce myself.  I've been taking photos of aircraft pretty much as long as I've known how to use a camera, though there have been a few who think I still haven't figured it out. :)  Anyway, after grad school I managed to land the perfect job at the Pima Air & Space Museum where I have the pleasure to work with two fellow AzAPers Andy Boehly and John Bezosky.  I hope to be able to make some small contribution to the group.  For those who are interested to look some of my better photos are up on flicker at 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/planecurator/

James

Joe Copalman

Welcome Jim, Aaron, and James!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Welcome aboard James!

Actually, I guess it's a re-welcome since we have met face to face.   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

cpasley

Quote from: James Stemm on February 23, 2012, 08:34:53 PM
Hello,

I've met quite a few of the folks around here but not everyone so I thought I should introduce myself.  I've been taking photos of aircraft pretty much as long as I've known how to use a camera, though there have been a few who think I still haven't figured it out. :)  Anyway, after grad school I managed to land the perfect job at the Pima Air & Space Museum where I have the pleasure to work with two fellow AzAPers Andy Boehly and John Bezosky.  I hope to be able to make some small contribution to the group.  For those who are interested to look some of my better photos are up on flicker at 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/planecurator/

James
Hi James I remember getting the oppotunity to meet you at the last Barry Goldwater shoot it was an honor and hope to see out at more events too

wingletkiller

Hi everyone, my name is Rob and I am a aviation-holic. I was born in Carmel Ca. and got into flying when my dad would take me up in his 1958 beechcraft bonanza and cherokee out of a small little airport, Monterey municipal. Now it is a major strip! How times have changed. I moved to AZ 27 years ago and used to watch all the "heavies" land at Sky Harbor. I now work at the airport and have the great opportunity to get up close and personal with all the aircraft, hence my username  ;)
I am not a very gifted person behind the lens and have never owned a "real" camera. I will, however, take care of that very soon.
I have tons of cool photos but they were taken with a driod phone and I have recently learned that they just won't work on places like this. I cannot get them to clean up enough so I will have to start over! :-[
I do some rather shaky video that I will post ;D
I look forward to seeing all of you on the roof of the T4 garage!
Best Regards
Rob