News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome aboard Mike. I look forward to your images and posts.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Welcome Mike!  Will look forward to meeting you and seeing your work.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Welcome to the group Mike!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

wildbill5441

Hello all. My name is Billy AKA Wild Bill. I am 22 and work at amazon.com.I live in the west valley. I have loved Aviation since the day I was born. I am a huge F-16 fan. I hope on day to be a pilot I have 22 hours under my belt. I got into Aviation photography about 7 years ago. I am using a Nikon D3000 with the kit lens and the 55-200mm lens. I am still learning how to use the camera so I'm still a (ROOKIE) and I do not have a photo edit program yet. I look forward to getting to know the group and its members. I am also a part of the other group that we have in Arizona and look to split my time between both groups. 8)

Paul Dumm

Welcome Bill, You'll find that we'll all helpful with question and such.  :D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: wildbill5441 on April 08, 2012, 05:38:58 PM
I am also a part of the other group that we have in Arizona and look to split my time between both groups. 8)

Welcome to AzAP, Wild Bill!

There's another aviation photography group in Arizona?!  :o
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

cpasley

Hi Bill, seems like I know you from somewhere ;)

Joe Copalman

Welcome aboard Bill!

You'll find that this is a great place to develop skills - we've got a lot of solid shooters who are always happy to help out.

With regard to an editing program, you can pick up the current version of Photoshop Elements for around $85 these days, cheaper if you shop around.  Older versions can still be found on Amazon for much cheaper.  I'm still using 6 or 7 and hardly ever feel like my flexibility is limited.

Flickr is also rolling out a new editing program to replace Picnik (which was never really all that good to begin with).  Haven't played with it yet, but it's called Aviary: http://blog.flickr.net/en/2012/04/04/announcing-a-new-and-faster-photo-editor-from-aviary/.  (EDIT: I checked it out.  Much more simple than Picnik, and I don't mean that in a good way).

Lots of brains to pick here, so pick away.  
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Daniel DeSart

N312RB

Hey-lo!

I am Remington from Colorado,  i my past life I was one of those fancy graphic designers  ;D so if any of you need some help getting around photoshop...I might be able to help.

I am going to school at ATP at Willie, actually at this point I should say I went to school... I digress.  I have my commercial ratings and I will have my CFI rating in 2-3 weeks.

I honestly have never taken a decent photo of an airplane,  :) I have only had a point and pray shoot, but I got a Nikon D1 from my old boss, actually I have two of them.  I would like to get some new glass for them and see what kind of damage I can do.

I am going to be instructing either here or in San Diego after I get my CFI ratings so I hope to be able to spend some time with all of you gents learning the ins and outs of photographing aircraft.

If anything cool comes along to Willie, I will keep you all informed.  Although all of you will probably know before I do since I am technically there to learn, not watch airplanes all day.  ;)

Next time I am over on the hill, I will look for the dudes standing on a ladder and introduce my self :)

Remington

wingsnstuff

Welcome Bill, Mike and Remington.  Remington...what a great name.  I look forward to meeting you all.

Jay Beckman

Welcome New Members!   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome to all. I look forward to your images.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Glenn Bloore

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I am Glenn Bloore and I do not live in Arizona.  That felt good getting it off my chest. 

I have had the good fortune of shooting with many of you over the years and have been on and off the site lurking as a guest for a while now.  I have been around aviation photography for several years now and part of many aviation online communities.  I can tell you that the this group is not only the best group of photographers on any public forum, but unquestionably the nicest and most welcoming as well.  I am quite sure that I will not be able to shoot at the frequency that you some of you guys do and will likely not be in Arizona often, but am thrilled to be able to call myself a member of this community.  Unfortunately I may to dig deep in the archives to attempt to keep up.

Thanks for having me.

Glenn
Glenn E. Bloore
http://leadingedgeimages.zenfolio.com/
http://leadingedgeimages.zenfolio.com/f46566290
All Images are © Glenn E. Bloore

Jay Beckman

Welcome Glenn...

Glad to have you in the group.

(Just an aside: Glenn's work is some of the finest you'll see and early lurking on his PBase galleries was very inspirational to me and a solid indication of how high the quality bar goes.)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com