News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome aboard Rob, I look forward to your future posts.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

BillOz

Hello Rob,

I believe we met on the 40th St. berm a day or so before Christmas when we were out there photographing the heavies..

Welcome aboard.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Welcome Rob!

Thanks for taking the time to say Hello!

- Jay
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Lynn Evans

Welcome Rob. Iam looking forward to seeing your work.
Lynn Evans

Paul Dumm

Welcome rob to our happy, crazy group.  8)
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

wingletkiller

Thanks for the welcome! I met a few of you on the 40st berm at Christmas, it was good talking to you. It may be awhile before I post my work, I need to aquire a "worthy" camera. The stuff I have now won't pass here ;D
I do look forward to seeing everyone next time on the berm or the garage.
Rob

Joe Copalman

Welcome to AzAP, Rob!

Lots of brains to pick in the group, so don't hesitate to ask any questions, either openly in the forum or through PMs.  Gear-wise, members run the gamut from entry-level to flagship-model pro gear, both Canon and Nikon, so if you need help nailing down a new rig, ask away.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Bill

Hello everyone! My name is Bill Todd and I am retired and living north of Tucson. I have a long standing interest in aviation and one of my principal hobbies is photography. However, for some strange reason, I never got interested in aviation photography until recently when I attended one of the monthly fly-ins at Coolidge and had a ball. My big challenge now is to find good locations for shooting around Tucson International and Davis-Monthan so I can get more shots. I have a Canon 60D and a Canon 100-400mm lens so my equipment is adequate. What I need to find are opportunities to practice. I've posted a couple of shots in the F2G thread and I'll get some more on the board soon.

Regards to everyone,

Bill

Barry Griffiths

Hey, Bill - if you contact me on my Email I would be happy to give you some great Tucson locations.
Barry
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome to AzAP Bill. We have a strong contingent in southern Arizona that will be ready to help expand this addiction. If you ever get up Mesa way, shoot me a PM and I'll help you get reconnoitered.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Welcome Bill. I am in Yuma, if you get down this way, get in touch.
Lynn Evans

Bill

Thanks Jeff and Lynn. Barry has already sent me some excellent location information which I hope to try next week.

Bill

Ned Harris

Hi Bill: Welcome to the group. I live on the east side of Tucson and would be happy to share photo locations with you. Just send me an e-mail at nedharris@cox.net.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jay Beckman

Welcome Bill...

Glad to see we've bolstered the Tucson branch!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Mike Franzone

I should probably do this since I've been a member for a few weeks now.  

My name is Mike and I live in Fountain Hills with my wife and six year old daughter. Originally from NYC, we've been in AZ for 12 years now. 

Photography came slowly to me until about 4-5 years ago. Since then it has progressed into a serious hobby. I've always admired the art, however, it wasn't until I bought my first "non" point and shoot camera that I realized how great and expansive it can be. 

I lean towards shooting moving objects because it captures a nanosecond of a moment that can never be recreated. It also like to see the individual elements that made the capture special (slide into home, the grimace, the dirt flying, etc.). I've seen some great Images on this site that include the heat off the tarmac, the pilot's intense glare, the after burner glow, etc...

I also love beautiful landscapes because they capture moments in time that have affected me emotionally. 

The aviation thing started when I was about 7 or 8. My dads friend owned a bunch of land. He also had a small plane. He took my friend and I on a short flight that included buzzing his house, vertical stalling and downward spirals. I'll never forget when he told us not to worry if the door flew open during the flight.  We both lost our lunch soon after the flight, but it was well worth it. 

My family also worked for Eastern airlines back in the 70s. My dad and I made many trips to LaGuardia airport and rode the "tugs" between airplanes. That was the first time in the cockpit of a big jet. 

I prefer warbirds. My grandfather ( ironically) was a photographer and waist gunner on a B-17 during WWII. I love sharing his story so I'm sure you'll hear it if we meet somewhere in the field. 

Jeez, I'm writing a book. I'll stop here. I look forward to shooting with you folks. 

Ps - I shoot with Canon EOS gear. 
Please Comment Constructively
All images © Mike Franzone, all rights reserved