News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilwor

Yes it was in the static display area on base and his name is Bill Word and you said it right. I am an older feller with a gray beard and hair. :) Welcome to AzAP Eric. Enjoyed your postings from Yuma.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

trmphoto

Hi everyone.

My Name is Tom Morris and I just joined the group today.  I live in Scottsdale near the airport and I have lived in Arizona for over 20 years.  Photography and watching airplanes has always been a hobby of mine (my wife says it's more of an addiction).

I use Canon equipment and my favorite things to shoot are Warbirds.  I have gone to airshows throughout Arizona over the years, including some shows in other states all over the southwest like Chino, Nellis, Midland, etc.

I'm looking forward to making some posts and meeting others in the group.

BillOz

Welcome aboard Tom.

Being near Scottsdale, you likely have plenty of Bizjet photos you're welcome to share.  There is a thread for most of the various types.   
Have you been fortunate to catch the military traffic that used to go there?
I haven't seen that much is still going in there.
If you make it out to some of the other local airports, you're quite likely to meet-up with other AZAP members.

Once again, Welcome.
Bill
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Welcome to the group Tom!  ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Welcome aboard, Tom! 

If you like shooting warbirds, you should come out to Falcon Field some time.  It's calming down a bit now with some of the snowbird warbird-owners heading home and the CAF bombers leaving for tour in a few weeks, but there's usually something warbirdy flying on the weekends out there.  Shoot me an email if you ever make it out this way and I can meet you out there.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome Tom - I look forward to your warbird images.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

jslugman

Glad to see you here Tom.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Chris Kennedy

Welcome, Tom. I think we've spoken out at Deer Valley a couple of times.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Lynn Evans

Welcome Tom, I'll be looking for your contributions here.  
Lynn Evans

Daniel DeSart

Welcome aboard Tom! Great to have you here.

trmphoto

Thank you all.  Chris, yes we did meet out at Deer Valley a couple of times.  Thanks for telling me about AzAP.  Joe, I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer.  I always enjoy going out to Falcon Field.  And Bill, you're right about being close to the airpark, I do have some good Bizjet shots to post.  Some of them have pretty cool paint schemes.

FrequencyChange

Hello Everyone!

Like Tom, I live near Scottsdale Airport. I am out there almost every weekend taking shots of business jets. I have lived here almost all of my life, but was born in Minnesota and moved here when I was 5. I also spent six years in the USAF as a crew chief on F-15s while stationed at Langley AFB, Virginia.

I run an aviation related blog, mostly to document my sightings at KSDL. You can find the link in my profile if you're interested. I provide a feed to KSDL tower on LiveATC.net. I am also the developer of the Plane Spotter app for the iPhone/iPad.

Aviation photography is a relatively new hobby of mine, but I am having so much fun doing it. I've managed to get a couple on Airliners.net and post most of the rest to FlightAware.com. Thanks for letting my be part of your online community. There are truly some beautiful photos on here!

twm1340

Hello everyone!  I'm Tom McKinnon and have just joined this group as "twm1340", my Flickr username.  I'm familiar with several of you thru Flickr and Facebook and realize that I can't hold a candle to any of you in photo skills but this seemed like the best place to start improving.  I may not comment a lot but I sure enjoy reading what the more experienced members have to say and I appreciate being allowed to join.  Thanks in advance!
I may be slow but I do poor work...

Daniel DeSart

Welcome and enjoy yourself!  ;D

(look for a contact request from me (bloo_96)

Jim Baker

Aloha all!  New here, not new to photography.  Been shooting professionally since 2002, starting out with Fuji S-2s and then Nikons and finally switched to Canon; not that it matter since the black box that goes click is only a means to the end -- megapixels and make don't matter. 

My own business is weddings and portraits, mostly, and commercial photography, and aerial portraiture when the occasion arises.  And pretty girls.  Can't forget pretty girls :)

I don't get a lot of time for spotting, but my day job is at the Glendale Airport so I get to watch planes come in and out all day.  What could possibly be better than that?  I usually know when something cool is coming in, so when I get word that something cool is on its way I can post here. 

Jim
------------------
Takeoffs are optional.  Landings are mandatory.