In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks James, Jay & Joe:

James: It is nice not to worry about changing film - CF cards are waaaaay more convenient.

Jay: I'll bet you've burned your share of Velvia or Kodachrome.

Joe: I office less than 1/4 mile from Falcon and live less than 2 miles away. We will definately get together in the near future.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Bubak

Henkster

Hi guys,

I guess it's kindda nice to let people know who they are dealing with on this site.
My name is Henk, born and raised Dutch ,I am invited by Matt and it's my pleasure to join you guys.

I spend most of my younger days taking pics at Soesterberg AB,The Netherlands where the 32TFS " Wolfhounds" where active with F-15's .
I joined the Royal Netherlands Air Force in 1994 and spend alot of time on the flightline working F-16's and participated in alot of excersices like
Red flag, Maple flag, FWIT ( Leeuwarden airbase,NL) and TLP( Florennes AB, Belguim), PFP(Partner ship for peace excercises) Slovakia.etc

In 2001-2002 I spend time with the F-16 solo display team as public relations and saw alot of cool airshows.

Nowadays I live in Utah I am a full time aircraft mechanic for the USAF and volunteer at the Hill Aerospace museum and on T-33's out of Wendover, Utah.
I am also a long time fencechecker under the same screen name.

I used to use praktica and pentax equipment but after buying the allmighty digital camera it became a Canon and it's still my first one so nothing fancy for me. I think that it's funny to see people with low end camera's making almost the same or better pics than people with high end camera's.
so it tells me that it's still all about the person behind the camera.!

Anyway ,I hope to meet some or all of you guys at airshows and if you see a T-33 from wendover a nice shiny one or a blue angels colored one, you might see me there too and don't be affraid to talk to me I don't bite.  

Henkster

jslugman

Welcome Henkster! Glad to have you aboard, looking forward to seeing your images.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Bubak

Chetan

March 2010 at DMAFB. A-10 West Demo bird sporting serial no. 80-0238 and c/n A10-0588.

Chuck Mitchell

Hi All,

I'm Chuck from Tucson, new guy. I work with James O'Rear at the Pima Air Museum and learned of AzAP from him. Glad to be a member.

Fighter Pilot USAF/Tucson ANG and retired with 20+ years. Instructor pilot C-26, A-7, F-4, and F-16. My wife and I manage a small business that we started 28 years ago in Tucson selling specialized auto parts; wheels, wheel covers, etc....

We are currently working on a new home and studio in NW Tucson, career #3. We are renovating a 1937 ranch house for my wife who does graphic design and web design. I am getting more and more serious with videography and aviation photography as time allows.

I have met a few of you in Coolidge and hope to meet more of you in the future. If you are coming to Tucson our door is always open and we are easy to find.

Chuck

jslugman

Nice to hear from you Chuck. Too bad that photo looks just like you...  ;D
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Jay Beckman

Don't mind James Chuck...

He's just taking his shots before he runs off!

Welcome!  Thank you for your long and distinguished service and I hope we get a chance to meet sooner rather than later.
(And if we already have, I apologize for being really bad with names / faces...)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

JimmyD

My name is Jim Davidson and I just joined yesterday April 7 2011. So I would like to introduce myself. I live in Benson, AZ. (J-six area) and work in Tucson, at Bombardier. Been there 30 plus years. I have a private pilot license and an A&P. Currently working on my IA. I haven't flown in  long time but I'm looking for a puddle jumper to start flying again. I've been in photography for about 20 plus years. I shot pro rodeo for about 15 years. I currently shoot for the SID department at the U of A. (All their sports) I also do a lot of photography for Bomabardier. I shoot interior and exterior photos for new and used aircraft sales. I have a few clients on the outside of Bombardier as well. I been shooting a few airshows close-by lately and want to expand on that type of photography. I tried looking aournd this website for a way of finding people who live in Tuscon or close-by but could not find where members live. Looking foward to meeting people in the club. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks Jim

Joe Copalman

Welcome aboard Jim!  There's a sizable (and growing!) Tucson contingent, you should have no problem finding guys to shoot with down there, and a bunch of us Phoenix-area guys travel down there quite often to shoot photos at TIA and D-M.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Daniel DeSart

Welcome to the board guys.  ;D

jslugman

Welcome Jim, PM sent your way.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

bilwor

Welcome Chuck & Jim. Our Tucson contingent is growing. I also live in Tucson, hope to see you around one of the airports.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Lynn Evans

Welcome Eric, it may have been me you met in Yuma. I met an Eric in the fairgrounds parking lot who was a member of APSOCAL.
Lynn Evans