any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute

John S

Some from NHRA qualifying on Friday, only day I was allowed starting line access.

Matt Ottosen

A couple of photos from our recent "Miss Blackwood" photo shoot at Pima Air & Space Museum.

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Great shots from the starting line John. It would be cool to be that close, lucky you!   :)

John S

Thanks Harvey, the blast you get from the dragsters and funny cars is unreal, almost feel like you are going to get blown over when they go by.  I have to get new lenses for my sunglasses from the sand blasting them, There was less of a blast when the jet dragsters went by.  This was my 3rd time shooting them this close and I'm still not used to it.  I don't know how the guys who shoot them full time do it, I do it once and I am hurting for 2 days from standing so long.

Tower Guy

John, I'm just curious as how did you acquire that kind of credentials from the NHRA? That's very cool.

Jay Beckman

All you can really do with chain link is to look for a spot where the sun isn't glinting off of it (a shadow on the fence is ideal), shoot wide open and pan at a shutter speed slow enough to blur it as much as possible (and try to avoid catching horizontal fence elements if able)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

KeithS

Quote from: Jay Beckman on February 28, 2016, 07:17:00 PM
All you can really do with chain link is to look for a spot where the sun isn't glinting off of it (a shadow on the fence is ideal), shoot wide open and pan at a shutter speed slow enough to blur it as much as possible (and try to avoid catching horizontal fence elements if able)

I haven't actually seen this explained this way before....certainly useful information.

Ross Dinsdale

That was my thinking when shooting originally. I used all my knowledge on the picture, but wasn't sure if it could get better.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

A terrific and dynamic photograph Ned. It clearly shows your stellar panning skills. Barrel racing is my favorite competition at rodeos. Thanks for sharing.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

John S

So I tried to do some panning at the drag races, I could really only do it on the far side lane as I had 70-200 f/2.8 lens on.  I was using single spot focusing, I went to shutter priority and slowed it down to 1/250.  I don't know what to think about how they came out, the door and behind the door came out in focus but the hood area seems to be blurred a little.  Just looking for some advise and what can be done to improve, I know practice practice practice but its tough to get out on my schedule.