Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Anna M. Wood on February 07, 2016, 10:34:36 AM
Very cool Jeff.....

Thanks Anna. As I get older, I have a better appreciation of things from the past. Joe gave me a great idea to acquire Ruth M. Reinhold's book titled; "Sky Pioneers: Arizona in Aviation History". In addition, he suggested I make time and arrangements to see Ms. Reinhold's collection of aviation images at the Arizona Historical Society Library and Archives in Tempe. They may have some interesting photographs of Coolidge that would be enjoyable to see. Next to Falcon Field on my home turf, P08 has my attention and interest. Such a remote location in 1941.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Street scene from Saratoga Springs, New York last summer.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Here is an photograph taken at Coolidge (P08) in 1959 - photographer unknown to me. Besides that very cool red Studebaker in the foreground, the tower is of particular interest. If you took a photo from that same vantage point today, you'd be looking directly at the DC-7 and IAR derelict Herc. The tower is immediately adjacent to the south side of the Herc and the Studebaker is just a few paces in front of the DC-7. As I previously noted, the concrete piers that supported the tower are still in place besides the Herc. Cool history - to me  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on February 07, 2016, 06:40:44 AM
The bath house might even be a fun night shoot object with color light painting - Joseph  ;)

Very cool shots, Jeff.  As a lifelong skateboarder, I was duty-bound to follow-up on your report that there was an empty swimming pool at the airport and sought it out before leaving the airport this Saturday.  Had no problems finding it, but it's completely unskateable.   :(  Still cool to see that and the bathhouse/modesty stalls/whatever, as well as the little bridges and stairs and such in that area.  Definitely worth exploring, and a star trails shots from inside that bathhouse with the fisheye is already on my to-do list.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Rylan and I had some more fun working on our little project, this time at Papago Park.

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Beautiful portrait of a beautiful bird Vance, great shot!

wingsnstuff

Thanks Harvey.  It's getting ready for the nesting season in the Magnolia swamp so the Herons, Egrets, and Ibis are all staking out their territory and building nests.  The gators also know it's about time for the baby birds to hatch so they're waiting around every one of the nesting areas waiting for those unfortunate youngsters that fall or get pushed out of the nest.   

Jeff D. Welker

^^^ Gorgeous image Eric. Ansel would be jealous  ;)

DEALING IN THE CORNER BOOTH...
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Jeff, the corner booth shot is amazing. I enlarged it and the sharpness and clarity is stunning, you must be loving this camera and the different lens choices.

Ross Dinsdale

Nice shot Harvey.  I am just getting mine imported now. 
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Tower Guy

Thanks Ross, I went to the top row of the grandstand to shoot over the fence. Hope you got some good shots.

Ross Dinsdale

The fence definitely posed a challenge.  I chose to shoot through than over so we will see here in a bit.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Jay Beckman

Try The Sushi
Gilbert Riparian Preserve 2012

Trust But Verify
Zajero Park 2012
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com