News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Yes, I know our main focus as a group is Aviation Photography but (IMO) we're Photographers first who also happen to have a common interest.
In light of this, and if the Mods will allow, I'm starting this thread as a place to simply show off other photography that we may do.  Personally, I think it could be very educational.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

David Loera

At Willie

Warner & Power Rd

Four Peaks

Sierra Estrella Mountains

Gila Bend
You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Very nice Dave.

(2 could use a little horizon straightening though...)   ;)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

redsox223

As I am in the fall mood somewhat, here is a picture from a few years ago at a pond that is near my home in the Boston area.

Joe Copalman

Jay, thanks for starting this thread.  What's sad is that I just realized most of my shots since upgrading from a point-and-shoot to an SLR are either aviation-related or of my daughter.  There's a whole lot of the world I'm missing out on.

Awesome shots from the game - #35 in the set is especially good. 

Here's one from my point-and-shoot days.  It's my friend "Other Rob" (I met him through my long-time friend, also named Rob) at Bushmaster skatepark in Flagstaff.  The photo itself isn't all that impressive, but this shot still blows me away every time I look at it.  As you can see, it's raining.  The bank that Rob is over is fairly slick even when dry, so the rain made it ridiculously slippery.  On flat ground, a 360º kickflip (360 flip, Tre flip, whatever) is impressive - I've been skateboarding for 23 years and I still have never landed one.  Rob rolled up this slick bank, casually hucked a 360 flip, and rode away backwards, totally solid.  Not bad for a creaky-kneed, thirty-somethingish print shop worker.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John S

One of my favorites is drag racing, I am supposed to be getting with a website to get media passes but they guy wants to to go to Vegas NASCAR race and the drag racing is in Phoenix the same weekend.  This is probably my once in a lifetime shot, not sharp but I like it.  I got one more shot after that of the fire being smaller and by the time I put the camera down, after 2 more shots the fire was out and the driver was OK.

Matt Ottosen

I've always loved aviation photography, but I never really pursued it until I met Joe C. last December.  Before I really pursued aviation photography I did a lot of nature and landscape photography.  I still try to get out some and pursue this side of photography, I still have a real passion for it.  Here's a few of my favorite photos from my other photographer life.

Sunset at Schwabacher Landing, Grand Teton National Park, WY

First Light at Moulton Barn, Grand Teton National Park, WY

Grand Canyon National Park
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

coyote41

Great Landscape shots Matt, very nice.
Colin Williams

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

PHX Photo

Okay, sunset; Circa 2007, taken on Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawai'i.  My favorite for several reasons, not all of which are pictured in the photo:

CJPalmer

jslugman

I originally got into photography to share my travels with my parents after my wife joined the Air Force.

Stunned visitor at the Normandy American Memorial and Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer, France.

Lone para-sailer near Garmish-Partenkirchen, Bavaria.

Newborn Grey seal on the Lincolnshire coast of England.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

A few hummingbird shots taken from my pack patio.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses