Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Unreal Ned, what a cool pose and such a beautifully colored Hawk.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

scottcolbath

Awesome shot Ned. How was the birding overall out at Santa Cruz Flats?

S.C.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ned Harris

Scott: The conditions at the Santa Cruz flats are terrible with tons of dust everywhere and high speed truck traffic on the dirt roads. I only paid attention to the raptors and they were fantastic.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Dave S.

A friend of mine recently had his truck rebuilt, a 1956 Chevy, and asked me to take some shots of it.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

scottcolbath

I love the lighting in that second shot, Dave. How was it done?

S.C.

Dave S.

Quote from: scottcolbath on December 15, 2013, 08:40:37 AM
I love the lighting in that second shot, Dave. How was it done?

S.C.

Thanks Scott!

This is actually a composite using two images.  I had three stationary flashes (a bare flash facing the front of the truck, an umbrella mounted flash ~ even with the door, and a third, bare flash near the rear/bed).  I also had a hand held that I walked around behind the truck in an attempt to get a bit of rim lighting.  There's a decent amount of photoshop in there too, removing a number of power lines and freeway signs from the background.  I should have taken a bts shot to help preserve how/where I had my stuff setup.
www.roxphotography.com

Scott Youmans

Rusty Gate - shot on film as I recall.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Chris V

Diggin the truck shots Dave, nice work!

Dave S.

Quote from: Chris V on December 24, 2013, 10:00:13 AM
Diggin the truck shots Dave, nice work!
Thanks Chris!

I plan on revisiting some of them, have been learning quite a bit of Photoshop lately.  Will try to put it to some good use.

- Dave
www.roxphotography.com

Scott Youmans

A friend standing on a frozen Lake George near Bolton Landing in upstate New York, April 1993.  Scanned from color print film.  Processed using Lightroom and Nik plugins in PS.  I enjoyed living up there from early 1989 through 1995 but not sure I could withstand the winters now.  Lake George is about half way between NYC and Montreal.  About 60 miles north of Albany in eastern NY state.  Not far from Vermont.  A whole different world in summer!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 31, 2013, 09:00:05 AM
A friend standing on a frozen Lake George near Bolton Landing in upstate New York, April 1993.  Scanned from color print film.  Processed using Lightroom and Nik plugins in PS.  I enjoyed living up there from early 1989 through 1995 but not sure I could withstand the winters now.  Lake George is about half way between NYC and Montreal.  About 60 miles north of Albany in eastern NY state.  Not far from Vermont.  A whole different world in summer!

Very interesting image Scott. I like how the stark winter conditions make this color photograph look like a monochrome. It definitely conveys the feeling of isolation. I assume you took this photograph from a hot tub; holding the camera in one hand and a beverage with an umbrella in the other  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.