Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris V

Quote from: Jay Beckman on February 18, 2012, 08:22:39 PM
Very cool Chris!

Thanks!! Pretty awesome out there, need to go back and shoot again some time.

Ned Harris

"Yowza", Barrel Racer, Tucson Rodeo, 2/21/12.

_MG_9998 Barrel Racer by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Dave S.

This last weekend, I participated in the Ragnar Del Sol relay.  Short version, it's a relay run that covered 200 miles, non-stop, from Wickenburg to Tempe.  Each runner in a 12 person team (2 vans, 6 runners to a van) runs three legs, with each leg varying from 4 to 9 miles.  We started at 8:00 Friday morning and finished just over 31 hours later, next to the Tempe Center for the Arts (TCA).

Yours truly...on a long and lonesome highway...west of Omaha...
In case you're wondering: yes, it can still get hot, damn hot, in Arizona during the month of February..

Moments after our team crossed the finish line Saturday afternoon...

Yes, we crossed the finish line going backwards, to demonstrate AND show off our team name, del SLO (which was a play on the name of the race, Del Sol).
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

scottcolbath

Very cool Dave.

My weekend was spent watching odd cars do things one would think were impossible.

The guys in the yellow shirts are judges and the guys wearing the helmets standing outside the cars are spotters for the driver.

I also managed to get out to Winter Range for a short time.

S.C.

wingsnstuff

Well done Dave.  We missed you in El Centro.  I hope you can join us again on the next visit. 

Matt Ottosen

Here's a few shots from yesterday's flight with Desert Splash Adventures.

• Roosevelt Dam and Bridge.
  • On the water at Roosevelt with Four Peaks and Haystack Island.
  • Weaver's Needle
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

scottcolbath

Homeless guy with a laptop in Ocean Beach this past weekend.

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Awesome capture Scott on a lot of different levels...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 05, 2012, 10:02:23 PM
Awesome capture Scott on a lot of different levels...

Thanks.

I was just sitting there last Saturday mornign at 06:00 when in walks this guy. He had on a high end backpack, and a guitar in a case. His clothes are tattered and from looking at him, it no secret he has not had a shave or haircut in a long time. I was curious at that point. Then he pulled out the laptop.

I started up a conversation with him. He worked for many years in L.A., doing the commute from Riverside area like so many do. When the economy tanked, he lost his job and could not find work to sustain himself. He lost it all, but managed to hang on to a few things. He's still looking for work, but not having any luck. He was very articulate and seemed like a smart guy. Some people get out of their groove and have a real tough time ever getting back in it.

S.C.

Lynn Evans

Great creation Scott and interesting story with it. The photo really got my imagination going.
Lynn Evans

scottcolbath

Thanks Lynn. In an interesting twist, I posted this on another forum, and someone wants to give this guy a job. So now I need to track him down and connect the two parties.

S.C.

Chris V