15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris V

Chris V

Round 2 of impending doom on the pool tonight.

Jay Beckman

That's awesome Chris!

I couldn't get outside before we'd gone "Total Recall" at my place:
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris V

Thanks Jay!

We had 2 dust storms yesterday, the first I was out in a location set up to shoot it and it really was weak nothing worth shooting so I went home then about 1/2 later this one came through and all I could do was shoot it from the backyard at that point.

scottcolbath

Those dust storms are badass. We got none of that in Wickenburg.

S.C.

Bubak

That's awesome Chris!!!! BINGO!!

Chris V

jslugman

Had the awesome experience of getting a tour of Pearl Harbor aboard the CINCPACFLT's Remembrance Barge and I must say it was quite the experience. Poor lighting and a localized misting event made getting a memorable image difficult but I think I got one (for me at least) of the oil escaping the ship and dispersing on the surface.

Colors of War by James O'Rear abs OTR by James "JSlugman" O'Rear, on Flickr
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

Thanks Jeff. It was really something else to watch a single drop rise up and spread out quite quickly. The color changes were super-fast and it was an amorphous colorless blob very quickly. To think it has been happening for decades is really quite amazing.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

Storm Clouds Over KIWA...

While waiting to get a shot of the 747-8 in the late afternoon light (did not happen), I noticed a monsoon storm to the west and this intriguing cloud formation. The sun was creating crepuscular rays (i.e. God Beams) through a hole in the clouds and I was fascinated by the composition. I am posting both my b&w conversion and the color version. Which do you prefer?

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

The B&W by far. Clouds in color always seem to be to have too much highlights. Love the details.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

The Cranium...

My youngest grandson often is the subject of my photographic experiments. His dad had just shaved his head and I bounced the flash off the ceiling onto his dome and cheeks. I decided some heavy b&w conversion work might be an interesting way to go with this image. My wife/Grandma is not so happy with the end result; however, I think it is a fun look.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Speaking of Non-Aviation Photography - I encourage you to follow this link to view some of the most powerful portrait photography I've every seen on Flickr or anywhere else. This guys work is off the charts. I hope you enjoy the change of pace these images provide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/page2/

If nothing else, this particular photo reminds me of Jack after he has waited all afternoon at Willie in 110+ heat for a sortie of Harriers that never show up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/4711593855/in/photostream
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff Welker on July 31, 2011, 10:55:09 PM
Speaking of Non-Aviation Photography - I encourage you to follow this link to view some of the most powerful portrait photography I've every seen on Flickr or anywhere else. This guys work is off the charts. I hope you enjoy the change of pace these images provide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/page2/

If nothing else, this particular photo reminds me of Jack after he has waited all afternoon at Willie in 110+ heat for a sortie of Harriers that never show up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/4711593855/in/photostream

Interesting stuff, but the guy seems to be a one-trick pony. Not much range in his work. But at least it's not 18 pages of over the top HDR images.  ;D

S.C.