Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Jay, your Caesars Palace image is beautiful.  I'll use the words you once put on a shot I took of a British Air 747 landing in Phoenix, "The CEO would be honored to have this photo hanging in his office".  Wow! 

wingsnstuff

Bill, I tried this once just a little ways north of Rachel Nevada.  The mares all ran away as soon as the camera came out, and the stallion tried to kill me.  Glad the car was close by.  This is a very nice capture of wild animals in their environment.  Super!

Ned Harris

Common Black-Hawk, Tubac Hawkwatch, 3/21/13.

_68U2449 Common Black-Hawk by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

BillOz

Thanks Jay.  Appreciated.

Thanks Vance.  You do have to keep an eye out, if you get too close to a little one, they get protective and will come to their protection.  So I keep an eye for a tree or brush where I could run to quickly if one of the big guys decides I'm an untolerable intruder.

Going looking for the wildlife gets me out for a little exercise, and occasionally see some cool stuff.  This same day I saw 4 Bald Eagles, 1 Golden Eagle, a coyote, and a total of 18 different horses in three groups.  Two of the Bald Eagles are Eaglets, not yet having taken their first flight, but getting close to jumping.  Unfortunately I needed about 3-4x more lens length for the Eagles, so the shots I got show Eagles, but are crappy photos.  One day I can hopefully catch the Eagles take a nice slow soaring path low down right above the water.  I thought they might this time as the water level is so low there are hundreds of good sized fish right at the surface.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

wingsnstuff

The shot of the horses fighting was very nice.  We have maintained the Western Motif in our Virginia house and this photo would fit right in.  Thanks for sharing your shots.

scottcolbath

I like the way this guy thinks.  ;D

S.C.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

wingsnstuff

Beautiful shot Matt.  The Canyon is such a beautiful sight to see in any season at any time. 

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: wingsnstuff on March 28, 2013, 11:54:45 AM
Beautiful shot Matt.  The Canyon is such a beautiful sight to see in any season at any time. 

Thanks Vance!  I agree, but I always love it with some snow.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Chris V

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Ned Harris

Swainson's Hawk, Sulphur Springs Valley, AZ  4-4-13.

_92W8045 Swainson's Hawk by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

ChrisM

The Milky Way, seen from near to Gillespie Bridge on old US80, very late last night!