Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

wingsnstuff

Very Cool.  Almost looks like a architectural model.  How did you achieve this affect?

Dave S.

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 07, 2013, 12:51:45 PM
Subdivisions...

Almost vertigo inducing when scrolling down - ;D - Nice!
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jay Beckman

The shot came from the air to air hop with Man O' War as we were headed back to Willie..

The effect is now a canned blur filter in Photoshop CS6 but it can also be done with a Gaussian Blur layer and a gradient mask to reveal the part you want sharp.

If you search for "Tilt/Shift Effect" tutorials on the web, there are a bunch out there.  The key is having an image with a fairly high point of view so you can give the impression that you are looking down on miniatures.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

wingsnstuff

Thanks Jay.  Very cool results.  I like them all...especially the night traffic shot.

Matt Ottosen

The Storm After the Calm

South Mountain, as seen from Phoenix Sky Harbor today.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

MuseumAndy

Demolition of part of the Genesee Brewing Company in Downtown Rochester, New York, July 2, 2012

IMG_2059

Brian Lockett

Comet PanSTARRS can be seen shortly after sunset for the next few days. It appears just a few minutes before it sets. Use binoculars to see it.

wingsnstuff

Virginia cloud cover has prevented any viewing at this end of the Country.  Nice catch!   :(

wingsnstuff

Scott, I just took a closer look at the Dragster shots and was amazed at the distortion in the Slick on the Rail.  Makes one wonder how the Slick stays on the rim...I would venture to guess that there isn't much pressure in those tires.  NICE CAPTURE

scottcolbath

Quote from: wingsnstuff on March 14, 2013, 04:07:28 AM
Scott, I just took a closer look at the Dragster shots and was amazed at the distortion in the Slick on the Rail.  Makes one wonder how the Slick stays on the rim...I would venture to guess that there isn't much pressure in those tires.  NICE CAPTURE

Those tires only hold in the neighborhood of 7-9 PSI, and when they adjust for track conditions or other variables, they change the pressure in fractions of a PSI to meet their calculated needs. The tires are held on with some pretty heavy duty bead locks. Below is a link to a pic that is original size so you can see some detail as to how they are mounted on the rim.

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Auto-Racing/NHRA-Phoenix-2013/i-pjSR7dJ/0/O/IMG_4615.jpg

The tires weigh about 50 pounds each and run about $800 a pop. Nothing in drag racing is cheap.

The distortion itself is caused by a combination of huge downforce thanks to the car's rear wing and rotational force of the car accelerating forward. The cars experience several thousand pounds of downforce when hauling down the track.

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Caesars Palace
Las Vegas, NV
March, 2013

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

cpasley

BillOz

Went hiking the river this morning looking for wildlife to photograph.
Came across a group of wild horses.
They saw I had a camera, so these two got into a fight over who was going to be photographed first.
So I photographed them both.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Your Salt River Horses images Bill are really a treat.  Always glad to see them.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com