15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsox223

Quote from: scottcolbath on February 11, 2013, 01:14:48 PM
Quote from: Mitchell Koffman on February 09, 2013, 08:13:15 PM
One reason I why I miss living in Phoenix. I like snow, but not blizzards. I am 20 miles west of Boston

I grew up in Framingham, and had the "pleasure"  ??? of enjoying the blizzard of 1968 and 1978. I do not miss that stuff at all.

S.C.

Scott, you would know where I am (in Needham) and at least in the suburbs the aftermath wasnt too bad, as the coastal areas took the brunt with snow and long power outages.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Mitchell Koffman on February 11, 2013, 04:42:54 PM
Scott, you would know where I am (in Needham) and at least in the suburbs the aftermath wasnt too bad, as the coastal areas took the brunt with snow and long power outages.

Heck yes, I know where you are. I spent lots of time in and around Needham as a kid. My parents had friends there, Newton and Dedham. Once I had wheels, we used to skip school and hang out at Echo Bridge (maybe that was Newton). I used to take 135 all the way to Dedham to visit the friends when I was a young punk on my Honda 350, since 128 would have been suicide.

I haven't been back there in a decade, and that was just a quick "in and out" for my mother in law's funeral. I went nowhere and saw nobody on that trip. I think if I went back for a visit now, I'd be shocked at how things have changed over the last 20 years.

S.C.

scottcolbath

[steve miller]
I'm gonna fly like an eagle........To the sea.
[/steve miller]

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Chapel of the Holy Cross
Sedona, Arizona

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

wingsnstuff

I'm liking it!  What filter did you use?

Brian Lockett

Four Peaks a day after the winter storm. This picture was assembled from 342 ten-megapixel images. The horizontal field of view is almost 180 degrees. The full resolution image file is 32,000 pixels wide. At 300 pixels per inch it would make a print nine feet wide.

wingsnstuff

Excellent shot Brian. I really like this one.

Brian Lockett

Quote from: wingsnstuff on February 20, 2013, 12:28:21 PM
Excellent shot Brian. I really like this one.
Thanks, Vance!  I'm hoping to get more like it after this storm.

Brian Lockett

wingsnstuff

Very Nice Brian.  How far off road did you have to go to get this shot.  I really like it.

scottcolbath

My latest El Centro pics have me so disappointed that I've jumped forward to the next day when I was at Firebird for some drag racing.

Now, back to work on the NAF El Centro pics.

S.C.

Brian Lockett

Quote from: wingsnstuff on February 25, 2013, 08:42:35 AM
Very Nice Brian.  How far off road did you have to go to get this shot.  I really like it.

Thanks! I was not far off Peralta Road.  There are several dirt roads that head over toward the mountains.  I pulled off on one of those.

Jeff D. Welker

Nice drag shots Scott. It looks like they were running full afterburners  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Stephen Marshall

Started playing with a lighter one night. So this is what it looks like to start a fire..

Striking by drmonocle, on Flickr
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.