15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 18, 2009, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuseumAndy

IMG_5012_hf by Andrew "MuseumAndy" Boehly, on Flickr

C-130J Hercules, 143d Airlift Wing, Rhode Island Air National Guard passing through DMAFB.

Chris Kennedy

If anybody's interested, there's a photo here of one of the DM Hercs taking off from RAF Mildenhall in the UK.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22221147@N02/5646720090

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

cpasley

Jeff D. Welker

I absolutely blew getting a wonderful shot of this Herc on final into Willie - so you are stuck with him taxiing. No worries, I'll get him next time.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Lynn Evans

Hi Jeff, nice shot. I looked on your Flickr site, got a MK IV now?
Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Lynn Evans on April 23, 2011, 11:51:44 AM
Hi Jeff, nice shot. I looked on your Flickr site, got a MK IV now?

Thank you Lynn and Yes Sir! Just about the time I made up my mind on what two camera bodies to get, B&H (and everyone else) ran out of cameras. I walked around the house with my lip dragging the ground and bemoaning my poor luck (the wife just about kicked me out). Out of nowhere, I get an email from B&H saying they had gotten in a small shipment of Canon equipment and could fill my order. Just about a week ago, the FedEx truck dropped-off a 1D Mark IV, a 7D, and a few pieces of L glass. To say I'm in hog heaven is the understatement of the century. I don't deserve this great equipment; however, I'm not sending it back  ;D

I know you've been looking into the Mark IV yourself. I can't recommend it enough. In the short time I've had it, I've been very impressed with the build and image quality.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Congratulations, I did get mine back in November. Now if Canon could package this camera in a 8 ounce body and make it fit in my pocket, It really would be ideal! :)
Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Lynn Evans on April 23, 2011, 12:54:22 PM
Congratulations, I did get mine back in November. Now if Canon could package this camera in a 8 ounce body and make it fit in my pocket, It really would be ideal! :)

Shame on me Lynn; of course you already have a Mark IV - I was thinking of Ned. It is definitely built on the stout side. With my shaky hands, I use the extra "heft" to help me steady shoots - especially when panning.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Getting your hands on all those new toys will make you a little giddy! ;D
Lynn Evans

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Nice shot Joe, I like the framing.
Lynn Evans

cpasley

Now this shot really makes you wonder if the guys who designed it kept saying "are you sure theres enough windows, lets add some more for good measure"

bilwor

Lockheed HC-130P Combat King 65-0962 KTUS 05/19/11
bill word
Tucson, AZ

jslugman

Couldn't think of a better way to spend my last night with my AZAP friends than on my belly on a ramp in the dark. Seriously. And thanks to Joe for not trying to make a 3-pointer with my junk.  ;D

IAR Lockheed C-130A lensbaby P08 by James O'Rear otr acm2538 by James "JSlugman" O'Rear, on Flickr
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Matt Ottosen

Cool shot, James, we're gonna miss you around these parts!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.