News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

DC-9s, MD-80s, and 717s

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Did you find any skid marks on your lens hood?   ;D  Nice shot Joe.  I thought I might see your reflection on the belly of this bird.

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

jslugman

Nice catch Bill, I see you finally got it! Amazing how many nose cones have been on this over the years.

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

wingsnstuff

James, this is certainly not your typical nose configuration.  Is this a radar or instrument test bird?  Do you know what's underneath? 

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

jslugman

Quote from: wingsnstuff on August 24, 2010, 08:42:29 AM
James, this is certainly not your typical nose configuration.  Is this a radar or instrument test bird?  Do you know what's underneath? 

My guess is missile system sensors of some sort considering the client. Lots of different things being worked on over at Raytheon.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jay Beckman

With a little help from Mother Nature, even the most mundane flying Tylenol can look a little dramatic...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jbong

OMG Jay thats amazing. Nice work.

Jay Beckman

Thanks...  The clouds were something I had been dragging around in my truck for a couple weeks so I'm glad I finally found a use for them...    ;)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

aaron kluth

i know the quality is very poor but i took these before i had a good camera......abx air dc9-10 i just thought it was kinda cool
All Images © of Aaron J. Kluth all rights reserved.

cpasley

yes it is cool ,not the usuall on here

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Glad you caught that bird Paul.  I went to Willie to catch it leaving, but it left late and I couldn't stick around.  I did catch an A-4 leaving, which I'll take over a Mad Dog (or pretty much anything else) any day.

Here's a shot of one of the most boring airplanes in the world.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jbong