Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azbill

Thank you Scott.
Using a newly acquired 500mm Nikon AF-S lens on my D800E body for these. I'm not yet convinced this lens is as sharp as my 300mm AF-S. The 300mm lens was absolutely razor sharp, but I wanted more reach.

Tower Guy

Great series of photos Bill, that 500mm looks pretty shape from my viewing angle, nice work.

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

azbill

Thanks Harvey.
Your dusk shots are great!

Tower Guy

Thank you Bill, I like working evenings, it gives me the opportunity to catch shots like these.

Tower Guy

KfirGuy

I am finally home and getting around to my photos from my quick Thursday afternoon at Luke. Definitely an enjoyable time, and more F-16s than I had seen in a while. I was quite impressed with the canopy tint on this Viper, hadn't seen one quite so gold in a long time.

IMG_7369 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

Nick

John S

How do you like the D800e Bill? Was thinking of getting one but want a camera for some sports too and was told the D750 would be better.

Scott Youmans

Harvey, that long C-130 taking off is spectacular!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Thanks Scott, it looked very new, guess they were checking out its performance envelope.  ;)

Chris V

Agreed the 130 shot is very nice!!

Tower Guy

Thank you very much Chris, nice comments on flickr are good, but comments from fellow AzAP members always mean more. Thanks again.

KeithS