Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Thank you Jeff, I requested a burner departure about two weeks ago. A Maj. Pitts called me this afternoon and said the first departure would be a burner and he wanted a copy. It's the least I can do.  ;)

azbill

Loving the historic shots Jeff, thank you for sharing them!

Harvey....great burner shot!

Tower Guy

Jim Endrud

Hanging out in the rain today at Luke.   Here is a Aussie F-35A, and a visiting Talon,   
Jim Endrud
Peoria, AZ
Canon 5D Mark III - 70-200/2.8 - Sigma 50-500

www.endrudphotography.com

azbill

Trying out some new (to me) glass today under overcast skies

Scott Youmans

Good crisp shots! I like the soft light.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

azbill

Thanks Scott. Still trying to figure out if I need to adjust the AF fine tuning for this lens/body combo. I'll have more time to play with it again Friday!

azbill

Nice catches Jim. I've yet to see an Aussie F-35. Also nice to know I wasn't hallucinating the other day when I thought I saw a pr of Talons flying over the house!

Tower Guy

Nice shots Bill, enjoy the new glass. Just a heads up if you were thinking of shooting around Luke on Friday. There is no flying this Friday, the troops are having what is known as an AETC family day, it gives the folks a 4 day Memorial Day weekend. Take care.

azbill

Thanks for the comments and the info Harvey. I guess that free's up my Friday!
Good for them, I can't think of a group of people who are more deserving!

KfirGuy

Thanks to the news that my original plans to camp out at Luke on Friday would have been fruitless, I decided to run over this afternoon for the first time. The sun was playing peek-a-boo throughout the recover of the F-16s, but I think I managed to save this shot of the one local Viper I rather wanted a photo of...

IMG_7343 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

Cheers!

Nick

azbill

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Nick, glad the heads up prevented a disappointing Friday with no flights.

azbill

Was able to make it back out to Luke today for a short while

Scott Youmans

Another very nice series Bill. Enjoying the higher pixel count of these postings too.  Really nice and sharp too.  What camera/lens did you shoot these with if you don't mind my asking?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved