Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

azbill

Good to see Phantoms at Luke Harvey. Was so bummed as a kid when they left!

Tower Guy

It's always a good day when you see an F-4 in flight, instead of up on a pole.

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

I'm really liking the quiet like on this 35 Harvey. A slimer to boot 😉
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Thank you Jeff, when a two ship were taxiing to the ramp this was the only one with slime lights on. I liked the smooth look the lighting gave the fuselage.

Jeff D. Welker

An oldie but a goodie. One of the first photos my dad took of the Luke flight line. He tells this image was taken sometime in the mid/late 1940's. He was trying to get a dramatic look of the Mustangs; however, I chastised him for not capturing a better documentary image of the 51's. He claims to have some additional photos of the flight line that would satisfy my interests. This is a scan of an 8x10 he developed a few days after the exposure. All things considered, it has held up very well in the intervening 60+ years. I am in the process of going through his negatives to find all the historic Luke stuff. More to come as I discover where he's hidden all the gems  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Very cool Jeff, I hope you find lots of these historic photos from Luke's early days. Keep them coming and be sure to tell your Dad that they are appreciated.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 11, 2015, 09:14:36 AM
Very cool Jeff, I hope you find lots of these historic photos from Luke's early days. Keep them coming and be sure to tell your Dad that they are appreciated.

Thanks Harvey. Dad gets a kick out of the fact that some folks like his old images  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Harvey said it well. Fantastic!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

BOOM - THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!

Just when I think I know where the "bar" is, you move it higher. Excellent work Harvey  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ