Ned Harris

Inches to go to the finish line.
Tucson Rodeo Barrel Racer.
2/20/17.
_31A9473 Inches to go to the finish line by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Tower Guy

Great shot Ned, they are airborne. Cool.

wingsnstuff

Nice shot Ned.  It is amazing to watch these ladies and their horses navigate those barrels.  I would have fallen off the horse as soon as they said go ::)  Did they give you any grief when you tried to enter the rodeo grounds?  I was stopped at the gate of the Prescott Rodeo because my camera looked too professional...I finally got through when I convinced them that the person holding the camera was nowhere near as professional looking as the camera I was holding.  They finally let me in and I got a few shots, but none as nice has this. 

Ned Harris

Vance: No problems entering the rodeo grounds. I always go on a slack day when the crowd is minimal. There were about 15 photographers on that day and mainly family and friends of the participants.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Burrowing Owl. Santa Cruz Flats, Pinal county, AZ. 2/26/17.
_31A9725 Burrowing Owl by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Tower Guy

Great portrait Ned, his/her parents would be proud.  ;D

Chris V

My ride for the last 4 days, hated to give it back to work  :-[

John S

Some from 33rd Annual Arizona Nationals.  I rented a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 because I was afraid of using my Sigm 70-200, as I was not happy with my photos from the El Centro photocall the week before. NHRA is limiting where photographers can be now.

Courtney Force

Greg Anderson

Brittany Force

"Fast" Jack Beckman

Chris V

Tower Guy

Beautiful set John, you sure had great access. Very pro photos!

John S

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 04, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
Beautiful set John, you sure had great access. Very pro photos!

Quote from: Chris V on March 03, 2017, 12:37:44 PM
Great shots!!

Thanks Chris

Thanks Harvey, almost like being next to jets taking off at El Centro.

scottcolbath

Quote from: John S on March 03, 2017, 11:27:37 AM
Some from 33rd Annual Arizona Nationals.  I rented a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 because I was afraid of using my Sigm 70-200, as I was not happy with my photos from the El Centro photocall the week before. NHRA is limiting where photographers can be now.

(Snip)

Great shots John. I assume you were kept within the red lines, no further out than the 125 Ft. mark. It's not bad actually. You can ask for access to the other end and they are pretty good about giving that, so I'm told. But you have to ask for the access.

S.C.

John S

Thanks Scott, on Friday photographers could be on the parking lot side but it was about 100 feet down track in a box about 25 feet long, fun trying to cram about 20 guys in there, I wanted to get some shots down by the "tree" but couldn't be down there.  Saturday we weren't even allowed on that side of the track, so it was almost into the sun, lots of reflections off the wall and ground onto the cars, was a little better the later it got with clouds coming in so the sun wasn't so harsh. I did get a little closer for 4th round of qualifying but not up close like I wanted to on Friday. I passed going on Sunday since I had starting line access for qualifying only.  I asked about top end a few years ago at the New Hampshire race but was told no, only NHRA photographers allowed there, I'm going to try again next year, maybe get up on the bridge.  I would imagine when you went it was through the track, I had to send a letter into NHRA for my credential.

Ross Dinsdale

Had a chance to explore the Good Guys Nationals car show at Westward of Scottsdale a few weeks back.  I was blown away by the amount of cars there were to see.  It was if I had died and gone to car photographers heaven. 

Starting to explore Nik Silver Efex a little bit more instead of just converting to black and white in lightroom.  I just found one of their presets that I thought worked best and went with it.

What are some things to look for/do when converting to b/w?  Is there a different mindset to have when shooting the image?

url=https://flic.kr/p/S4GxNp][/url]
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"