Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Dinsdale

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

wingsnstuff

Ross, nice capture of the "Bug".  I had a '73 Bug that was the same color as the one in your image.  I put 244,000 miles on it before selling it.  I think it's still on the road up in Maine.  What a workhorse that car was, transporting my family from duty station to duty station (Scotland to Maine, to Alaska, and back to Maine.  My kids loved that car as much as I did.  Lots of memories.  Thanks for posting your very nice image.

Ross Dinsdale

I had the opportunity to sit four rows back of the Diamondbacks dugout on Opening Day against the San Francisco Giants.  They won in the ninth with a walkoff base hit by SS Chris Owings.  This is a frame I captured in the second inning.  Diamondbacks Ace Zack Greinke delivers a pitch towards home plate, as Giants OF Hunter Pence looks on from first base.

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

tajmahal250

Went to the Rosson house in downtown Phoenix this past weekend.

[/url]Lady Rosson by Thomas Backus, on Flickr[/img]

scottcolbath

Alice Cooper out at Az. Bike Week last Saturday night.

Great show. The old fart still kicks ass. His son's band (Co-Op) was his backup band for the evening.

S.C.

wingsnstuff

Awesome!  I went to Highschool (Cortez) with Vince (Alice).  We were initiated into the Cortez Letterman's Club together.  Vince (Alice) for Cross Country and me for Football.  We also ran track together.  He was a pretty good athlete and his bands are pretty good too  ;D

scottcolbath

Quote from: wingsnstuff on April 12, 2017, 05:37:12 PM
Awesome!  I went to Highschool (Cortez) with Vince (Alice).  We were initiated into the Cortez Letterman's Club together.  Vince (Alice) for Cross Country and me for Football.  We also ran track together.  He was a pretty good athlete and his bands are pretty good too  ;D

That's very cool. I met him back in 2009 when he did his charity golf thing in Wickenburg, followed by a concert. Got to hang with him for a good long time before the show. He has many great stories.

S.C.

John B.

I thought I'd post this over here instead of the PASM thread...  This is from the day with F.I.A.T. a couple of weekends ago.

Fun Italian Automobiles of Tucson (FIAT) par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Ned Harris

American Avocet driving off a Black-necked Stilt. Wilcox, AZ on 5/2/17.
_31A2881 Turf Fight by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

tajmahal250

Saw this guy when my girlfriend and I went off roading in her dad's Jeep in the Tonto National Forest:

[/url]Colorful Sunbather by Thomas Backus, on Flickr[/img]

Jeff D. Welker

I've been contemplating acquiring some Fuji digital equipment in the future.  A smaller platform that could easily be carried with me throughout the day in a small bag.  At breakfast this morning, our brother Scott Youmans allowed me to soil his wonderful Fuji X-T2 camera and XF 56mm f/1.2 R lens with my SD card.  I took a few shots in the Snooze A.M. Eatery at Town & Country Shopping Center while the early morning light was working its way through the restaurant.  Here are a couple of my favorites from this mornings effort. A great camera/lens combo that deserves some serious consideration.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Very nice results Jeff, these existing light shots are fantastic. Sounds like a great carry solution for a quality camera. You and Mr. Youmans come up with some great equipment. Must be something in the coffee in those little diners you guys meet at.  ;D

scottcolbath

Spent the day out at the Cubs spring training stadium in Mesa, watching the police dog trials. Always a hoot.

One of several dogs on display and performing various learned techniques. Best behaved dogs I've ever seen.

There were breaks in the action for some fun dog stuff as well.

All the pics are here:

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Events/K9-Dog-Trials-2017/

S.C.

Tower Guy

Very cool set of photos Scott. That event looks like it was full of action and fun, thanks for sharing.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 07, 2017, 08:01:13 PM
Very cool set of photos Scott. That event looks like it was full of action and fun, thanks for sharing.

It's a blast. I've missed it the last few years for no good reason. Had to make it this year. Plus, if you don't care about baseball (like me), but like baseball stadiums, it's a great excuse to go.  8)

S.C.