Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Very nice work Ross.  I admit, I lack the patience necessary to do the insect thing.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"Nuts & honey, eh?"

An EXTREME crop, but I thought it was still worth sharing.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ross Dinsdale

Thanks Jay.  Dragonflies are easier to shoot than say a flying bee.  Great capture Joe. 
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on June 18, 2015, 09:53:35 PM
Thanks Jay.  Dragonflies are easier to shoot than say a flying bee.  Great capture Joe. 

Thanks, but the truth is that the bee pretty much photobombed what was just supposed to be a shot of a Recon Marine looking over a 50-foot cliff.  I was culling images tonight and came across that one, zoomed in and thought "My God, that little bastard is trying to tempt his tummy."   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

While I was letting my once-a-week Mexican Coca Cola "breathe", I decided to exercise my 1971 Asahi Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm lens. This was shot at f/2, 1/25th, and ISO 100. Light source was the quiet warm early evening light coming through my north-facing living room window. When I proudly showed the image to the lovely Mrs. Welker she said; "I hope you did not leave any moisture rings on the living room end table". I guess all artists must suffer  ::)

Now, to enjoy my beverage  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

This is really a quality photo Jeff, looks like a professional Coke commercial very well displayed and photographed in great light. However, I can't believe a married man would not have expected your wife's response.  ;D

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on June 27, 2015, 07:13:17 PM
While I was letting my once-a-week Mexican Coca Cola "breathe", I decided to exercise my 1971 Asahi Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm lens. This was shot at f/2, 1/25th, and ISO 100. Light source was the quiet warm early evening light coming through my north-facing living room window. When I proudly showed the image to the lovely Mrs. Welker she said; "I hope you did not leave any moisture rings on the living room end table". I guess all artists must suffer  ::)

Now, to enjoy my beverage  ;D

I love the picture and the story Jeff.....  I hope the beverage was a good vintage.   :)

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on June 27, 2015, 09:19:48 PM
This is really a quality photo Jeff, looks like a professional Coke commercial very well displayed and photographed in great light. However, I can't believe a married man would not have expected your wife's response.  ;D

You're too kind Harvey. And yes, I should have anticipated my wife's response  ;)

Quote from: Anna M. Wood on June 27, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
I love the picture and the story Jeff.....  I hope the beverage was a good vintage.   :)

Thanks Anna. While I'm not considered a connoisseur, it sure tasted good  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Matt Ottosen

This is the Full Buck Moon from a couple of nights ago.  There were some pesky, thin clouds that the moon just couldn't find its way out of, and then there's that 737 that photobombed my shot.

Full Buck Moon
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jeff D. Welker

Terrific photograph Anna. I can't let my grandsons see this or they'll be begging me to get them a quarter midget ;D

ANOTHER FROM THE NON-AVIATION PHOTOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT: The morning after a sleep-over, my middle grandson typically requests Oscar Meyer Cheese Dogs. As breakfasts go, I think this is about as disgusting as it gets. Nevertheless, I can't refuse this sweet boy's petition. I just hope his parents can forgive me for the poor nutritional options I allow the littles to consume. Maybe if I pretend they're Vermont Maple Syrup Sausage Links I'll feel better about the entire situation ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

I count four, maybe five eyelashes in focus...  The rest is just buttery goodness!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on July 10, 2015, 09:06:34 AM
Terrific photograph Anna. I can't let my grandsons see this or they'll be begging me to get them a quarter midget ;D

Thank you Jeff....   I think your grandsons would look wonderful in a quarter midget with their Papa as crew chief.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jay Beckman on July 10, 2015, 01:09:26 PM
I count four, maybe five eyelashes in focus...  The rest is just buttery goodness!

At f/2 and that short distance from my grandson, 4/5 eyelashes are about all the DOF I have. I'm still learning how to maintain manual focus on that narrow of a target (near eye) when both the target and shooter are moving ever so slightly (i.e. breathing, heartbeat, shaky hands, etc). My keeper rate is below average at the moment, but when everything comes together, I love the look. Like when my wise eldest grandson decides to take an afternoon nap  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jonathan Navarro

Airplane for scale...

MESMERIZING MAMMATUS