Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris V

Ned Harris

Greater Earless Lizard, Sabino Canyon, 6-3-12.

_92W4724 Greater Earless Lizard by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Dave S.

I spent last weekend up in Flagstaff, and I participated in my first mountain bike race.  What an experience that was.  I was the 'third-leg' on a four man team.  While waiting for our first rider to finish the first 26 mile lap, I took some shots.  It all began with a  Le Mans style start - meaning all the riders were at the starting line and had to run to their bikes, ~ 200/300 yards away.  The first guys down the chute of bikes had it fairly easy going, after that - things just devolved into a cluster/log jam.

The running, Le Mans style start...

Things quickly devolved into a congested quagmire...some walking and some still making the attempt to ride out of the start area...

Returning to the start/finish line after his FIRST lap.  It was quite a dust bowl out there...and he still has three more laps to go!

The end of each lap is marked by a dismounted run THROUGH the open barn...

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Dave S.

A couple of abstract shots from this weekend...

Thought the motion blur as they rode across a patch of hay, and kicking up some hay at the same time, looked kind of nice.  Too bad he's already unclipped his right foot in anticipation of running through the barn.

If I were Porsche, and I saw this image (taken with my iPhone) - I would somehow find a means of repossessing this car!  This just shouldn't be allowed to happen to a Porsche!

www.roxphotography.com

Brian Lockett

Transit of Venus: This composite image was assembled from pictures taken at approximately 25 minute intervals.

wingsnstuff

Nice Capture Brian.  Did you use any special filters?

Brian Lockett

Quote from: wingsnstuff on June 06, 2012, 11:26:34 AM
Nice Capture Brian.  Did you use any special filters?

Thanks! I used an Orion glass solar filter on a 400mm f5.6.  I am working on a time lapse movie.

wingsnstuff

Thanks Brian.  I look forward to viewing your movie when you post it.

Brian Lockett

Dave S.

From a recent trip to the Grand Canyon - we took our daughter up for her first visit.  Happy to report that she was very impressed with what she saw.  Next item on the Grand Canyon agenda, a hike down to Havasupai Falls - but that's still a few years away.

corrected image resolution so that it's not so wiiiiiiiiide.
www.roxphotography.com

wingsnstuff

Joe Copalman

Aviation-related, but I didn't know where else to put it.  Thought some of you might be able to relate.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

FelipeG

Yep. I know the feeling. It's either that or those light poles on top of T4 at Sky Harbor.

Joe Copalman

Recent photo of my son.  One of my favorite shots of him.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff