Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Ross

Red Tailed Hawk by Joseph_Ross, on Flickr

Taken from a moving car on the way to Crown King, AZ
Red Tailed Hawk

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris V on February 02, 2012, 07:41:49 AM
I consider myself pretty much a novice maybe somewhat intermediate at Photoshop still, not all shots turn out like you want them to. This one did for me. I tweaked this shot for a couple hours till I was happy with it. No one program is the answer, I usually run a shot though multiple programs trying different things till I start getting the result I am looking for. This shot started as preset in HDR Efex Pro and then the rest of the editing was done in LR4 & CS5.

Very nicely done. I need to step up my game in order to do that sort of stuff some day.

S.C.

Scott Youmans

Beautiful shot Eric.  I like the curved and tilted horizon and the way the clouds mirror the pattern in the sand.  I have a tough time bringing myself to tilt horizons but when done appropriately it can work.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Paul Dumm

Eric, Would also love to see that in a B&W.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Chris Kennedy

Took a ride in a Beech Baron today. Most of you will probably recognize this location.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Very cool!  That has got to be one of the most amazing things on the planet.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Definitely cool to see from the air.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Kennedy

That had to have been a pretty spectacular event. I'm glad I wasn't around when it happened.  :o
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

Jay Beckman

Did your pilot lower a wing for you to get that view?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Jay Beckman on February 12, 2012, 07:35:49 PM
Did your pilot lower a wing for you to get that view?

He did, but I still had to crop out the wing tip. A Baron is not exactly the best aircraft for air-to-ground photography. It's very difficult to see down at all, with both the wing and the engine out there. A real nice plane though. This one is a 1975 B55 with upgraded engines and a real nice panel with a bunch of Garmin stuff retro-fitted.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

Jay Beckman

Technically, the last two shots are still things that "Fly"
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris Kennedy on February 12, 2012, 04:25:29 PM
Took a ride in a Beech Baron today. Most of you will probably recognize this location.

Nice. I need to get back there.

S.C.

Chris V