Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Outstanding image Lynn. Arthur Morris and the folks on birdphotographers.net would be jealous. Well done!
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Lockett

Great shot Lynn.  How did you manage to get so close to the perching bird?

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

Lynn Evans

Thank you Jeff, Bubak, Jay and Brian. Jeff it was taken at Sipe Wildlife Area. In the summer there usuall 300 to 400 around the house area. They get used to you quickly. I appreciate the Art Morris reference, however that group of bird and wildlife photographers are in a class of their own. They are amazing aren't they?
Lynn Evans

Lynn Evans

Nice photo of the House Finch. Looks he has been dining on avocado.
Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Lynn Evans on March 30, 2011, 06:34:05 PM
Thank you Jeff, Bubak, Jay and Brian. Jeff it was taken at Sipe Wildlife Area. In the summer there usuall 300 to 400 around the house area. They get used to you quickly. I appreciate the Art Morris reference, however that group of bird and wildlife photographers are in a class of their own. They are amazing aren't they?

Don't knock yourself Lynn - you can hold your own with the Arthur Morris crowd very nicely. As you said, the photographers on BPN are amazing - although, 600L and 800L pieces of L glass helps a little  ;)

BTW, I've seen a ton of Hummers around Alpine; however, they won't let me get that close. I'd need the reach of some serious telephoto glass - maybe I need to switch deodorant  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Here is a photo of my youngest grandson. We affectionately call him "The Head" due to the large melon sitting on top of his shoulders. Clearly, I've messed with the image in PS. I'd appreciate some C&C. Since I love the little guy so much, I'm not in a good position to critique the photo.
The Head by Jeff Welker, on Flickr
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Wow Jeff, I really like the way you have put the center of attention on his eyes and smile(?). That is a great creation. Just personal taste, I don't care for the yellow border. You are really liking digital apparently!!
Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Lynn Evans on March 30, 2011, 08:18:50 PM
Wow Jeff, I really like the way you have put the center of attention on his eyes and smile(?). That is a great creation. Just personal taste, I don't care for the yellow border. You are really liking digital apparently!!
Thanks Lynn for the comments. I was experimenting with the borders and I'm not necessarily sold on this look. You are correct, I am enjoying my journey from film to digital. Tons more flexibility and no chemicals. With digital, a photographer doesn't need to add on to their homes for a darkroom - just sit at the computer and dream! BTW, that is his smile. He is never quite sure what to do with Grandpa when I come at him with a camera.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

BillOz

Congratulations Lynn.

I like the portrait of your Grandson Jeff.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Lynn Evans

Thank you Bill. The support and positive attitude of the members here make it one of the first sites I visit when I get on the computer.
Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: BillOz on March 30, 2011, 09:19:10 PM
Congratulations Lynn.

I like the portrait of your Grandson Jeff.

Bill - I'll add my thanks to Lynn's. I always appreciate the comments I receive on AzAP. Not because they are all kudos; but because even the criticism (which I need) is always offered in a friendly and positive manner. Nearly every improvement in my photography lately can be directly attributed to help I've received from members of AzAP.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

Smoke'm if you got'm boys  :D Nice job James & Chris.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ