Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Taking the back way to El Centro last Wednesday.

S.C.

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Mike Margolis

Sweet!!

Hey Scott, wanna race??

Sadly had to sell this dedicated road racing (SCCA and NASA) track car... Not street legal. Open exhaust, no smog, 5 point harnesses, window nets, no airbags, full roll cage, fuel cell, dual halon fire suppression system, no A/C, no interior...
000FR by Mike Margolis, on Flickr

Still have this one though!! Mostly stock, very reliable, fast, and fun!!
Cobra by Mike Margolis, on Flickr

Wish I still had this one... 500+HP to the street, 4 speed with factory pistol grip shifter, Hemi drivetrain and suspesion. Would do a wheel stand in this configuration - or brake-stand until the rubber was gone!! But could not turn at all.
Was junk when I got it - major overhaul, also had a "sleeper" mode that I used for years driving 150 miles away to college. Not real smart at 8 to 9 mpg driven by a starving student - peanut butter and Top Ramen saved enough for gas!!
1969 road runner 440 Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 12.50.49 AM by Mike Margolis, on Flickr

Also had a '90 Mustang GT I bought new, a stock '70 Charger 4-speed (factory pistol grip), '84 Supercoupe - highly modified, a stock SS Supercharged Monte Carlo, and a few others over the years...
Next up will be an auction bought Mercedes-Benz AMG SL65 twin turbo V12!! I've been watching them cross the block for years - ever since I got to drive a new one in anger at an autocross event in San Diego!!
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Jeff D. Welker

Florence Casa Grande Canal at it's crossing with East Coolidge Avenue.  We drive right past this scene shortly before the turnoff to the Coolidge Municipal Airport.  For the first time in many years, I stopped a took a few photos.  This one is a favorite.

Hasselblad 501 CM - Zeiss Planar f/3.5 100mm CF - Kodak Portra 160

A couple of images from the vestiges of the Coolidge Army Airfield.

Hasselblad 501 CM - Zeiss Planar f/3.5 100mm CF - Ilford FP4+ 125
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

This tall saguaro catches the first rays of sunrise in the desert east of Coolidge, Arizona.  It is located on the west side of the road just north of the cattle guard at the entrance to the Coolidge Municipal Airport.  You may have noticed it, and a few of its large colleagues, on one of your trips to the breakfast fly-in.  More than just airframes to be photographed at this venue...

GIGANTEA SHAQTUS v.1

Hasselblad 501 CM - Zeiss Planar f/3.5 100mm CF - Kodak Portra 160
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Ross Dinsdale

Jeff,

These images are magical.  What you do with film blows my mind.  I am grateful for the opportunity to not only be able to see your work on a regular basis, but to have the opportunity to learn and study it as well. 

And for that I thank you.

Sincerely,

Me
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

wingsnstuff

Looks like a Saguaro Totem pole.  Very nice capture Jeff.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on November 21, 2017, 09:14:36 AM
Jeff,

These images are magical.  What you do with film blows my mind.  I am grateful for the opportunity to not only be able to see your work on a regular basis, but to have the opportunity to learn and study it as well.  

And for that I thank you.

Sincerely,

Me

Thank you for the kind words my young friend.  Before my father passed away last year, he marveled at all the photography-related options available.  Digital, analog, pinhole, AF options, lens stabilization, sensor stabilization, alternative process, inkjet printers, etc.  It was his opinion, and I share that belief, that we shooters have more avenues of expression available to us than at any other time in history.  I'm having a ton of fun with film.  Many of the most inspiring photographers in my life created images with film and made prints in darkrooms.  I guess you could say this old man is simply living in the past - and loving it.

. GIGANTEA SHAQTUS v.4 by Jeff D. Welker, on Flickr
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Larson

In Their Wilderness A Male Gould's wild turkey (M. g. mexicana) (Gould, 1856) 2017.05.08

In Their Wilderness A Male Gould's wild turkey (M. g. mexicana) (Gould, 1856) by Paul_Larson, on Flickr

Tower Guy

Great catch Paul, very nice photo!

Ned Harris

Sandhill Crane family at Whitewater Draw refuge in Cochise county. 11-29-17.
_31A4362 Sandhill Crane Family by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jay Beckman

Osprey Fly By at Sky Harbor
12/2/17
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Ned Harris

Adult Prairie Falcon over the Santa Cruz Flats. 12/3/17.
_31A4783 Prairie Falcon by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

Just before sunrise, an irrigation well pumps supplemental water into the Arlington Canal just west of 331st Avenue.

ARLINGTON CANAL IRRIGATION WELL by Jeff D. Welker, on Flickr
Hasselblad 501 CM + Zeiss Planar f/3.5 100mm CF + Kodak Portra 160 @ 100.
Lab: The Icon, Los Angeles, CA.  Scan: Epson V850.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Another excellent image Ned.  I love your Raptor shots.