News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Congrats, Jeff!  Glad to see this finally out.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Congrats are in order as well for Harvey Brugger, who has a shot of a Luke-based MiG-killer F-16 in the latest issue of Global Aviation Magazine: http://issuu.com/karladrage/docs/gamissue22  (Page 97).

Harvey's shot is in support of a "fangtastic" article on 40 years of service for the F-16 Viper by our friend and AzAP sponsored member Paul Dunn.  Check it out!

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Chris Janes on February 28, 2014, 12:20:51 AM
I must bow in the presence of greatness!! Very nice write up Jeff.

Thanks Chris. Once you've shot with me, you'll realize the "greatness" thing is more related to physical mass than photographic quality  :o

Quote from: Tower Guy on February 27, 2014, 11:43:42 PM
Great news Jeff, I knew I was shooting with "Photo Royalty" all this time. A very big congrats, looking forward to seeing this edition

Much appreciated Harvey, but my lineage is mostly connected to that kid playing the banjo in the movie "Deliverance" - not exactly royalty  ;)

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 28, 2014, 02:53:46 AM
Congrats, Jeff!  Glad to see this finally out.

Thanks Joe.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 28, 2014, 02:56:01 AM
Congrats are in order as well for Harvey Brugger, who has a shot of a Luke-based MiG-killer F-16 in the latest issue of Global Aviation Magazine: http://issuu.com/karladrage/docs/gamissue22  (Page 97).

Harvey's shot is in support of a "fangtastic" article on 40 years of service for the F-16 Viper by our friend and AzAP sponsored member Paul Dunn.  Check it out!

Well done Harvey. It's about time your work was properly recognized  ;D

Congrats to Messrs. Dunn, terrific article and images young man.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Congratulations Harvey and Paul for both the images and the article.  Well done!

scottcolbath

All great shots Jeff. I glad to see the Blue Angels shots made it in there. That was a wicked experience that I'll never forget.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: scottcolbath on March 06, 2014, 10:08:15 AM
All great shots Jeff. I glad to see the Blue Angels shots made it in there. That was a wicked experience that I'll never forget.

S.C.

Thanks Scott for you generous comments. That low pass is certainly an experience I'll never forget  :o
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I picked up the mail at lunch and was pleased to find the May issue of Air Forces Monthly. Great articles on the A-10, Fallon's Growlers, and AMARG. As I quickly leafed through the issue, I was pleasantly surprised to find another article by our very own Joe Copalman. Titled "Lightning Strikes Luke", Joe deftly uses prose and images to present a very nice report on the arrival of Luke's first F-35A's. A terrific AFM issue and finding Joe's article made it even better.

WELL DONE JOE  ;)   :D   ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Easy there, Romeo.   ;)

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Congrats Joe. I think it's safe to say those AFM guys appreciate your writing...well, not as much as Jeff does :-)

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 01, 2014, 02:48:45 PM
Easy there, Romeo.   ;)

Quote from: azspyder on May 01, 2014, 04:26:48 PM
Congrats Joe. I think it's safe to say those AFM guys appreciate your writing...well, not as much as Jeff does :-)

While I am definitely proud that one of our own has again been published, my good wife reminds me I'm spoken for  :o
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Congrats Joe. I can pick this up at B&N, correct?

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Correct, though I'm not sure if it's there yet.  Tends to be a bit of lag time from when US subscribers get theirs and when it shows up in bookstores.  It's the one with the A-10 on the cover.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Barry Griffiths

Hey Steve; I have just downloaded the August issue of Combat Aircraft Magazine on my iPad and was delighted to see your full page spread of the article and photo "Angel Thunder 2014" on Page 12. Congratulations! It great to see a member of AzAP reaching out to the rest of the world with such great stuff!
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

azspyder

Thank you Barry! It is not one of the masterpieces we typically see from Joe, but I was happy to see it published.

The print version will not be at B&N until next month, but, for those that get it electronically or have a subscription, the issue is out now.

More importantly, I was happy I was able to provide additional exposure for the Angel Thunder exercise and Davis-Monthan.