News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave S.

Just thumbed through, and the only AzAPer was Jay's cover shot.  Sorry Scott, was hoping to offer you an early Christmas present.

As Scott indicated, only the winning photos were featured in the magazine.  No finalists mentioned/shown this year.

Jay's image is quite stunning on the cover.

- Dave

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jay Beckman

From what I understand, the additional content is available via the electronic version but there appears to be some discrepancy between the iPad version and the straight e-zine via computer with the iPad version having even more "rich content"

This from a discussion on the ISAP Facebook wall.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

Quote from: Desert Rat (Eric A. Rosen) on December 30, 2012, 08:30:21 AM
If anyone is interested I have several articles and images in the latest issue if

AirshowStuff.com magazine. 

http://magazine.airshowstuff.com/PDFs/2012/NovemberDecember2012.pdf

I think 'several' is a bit of an understatement.  You have way more than several, nicely done!  Your shots tend to stand out from the rest with their unique perspectives.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

Those of you who attended the last El Centro photocall may recall that there was a petty officer from Navy Region Southwest's magazine "Compass" interviewing photographers out at the shack for an article.  That article, written by Kris Haugh (Michelle's most excellent deputy), has been published.  While no AzAP photos appear, Jeff Welker and I are quoted in it.

http://shade.keeptrees.com/publications/g30/CURRENT%20Navy%20Compass/#page12

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Our colleague Jay Beckman has again distinguished himself with a terrific article in the January 2013 issue for ISnAP. Via this article, Jay provides a great guide to using the Tilt/Shift Blur tool in CS6. Super job Jay.

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapjan2013finalb
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Gary Wetzel

My February 2013 cover of Air Forces Monthly.

Joe Copalman

Awesome.  Haven't been able to find a copy locally to save my life.  Damn Borders and their stupid suicidal business model.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Gary, that is very cool.  Can't beat the subject matter either.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Brian Lockett

My photographs of the crash of a QF-4S+ at Pt Mugu will appear in an FAA Safety Publication.

Jeff D. Welker

The latest issue of the International Society for Aviation Photography magazine features numerous images by our fine associate Jay Beckman. In addition, I was lucky to have my 'Night Moves v.4' image selected for the back cover photo.

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapoct2013
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Nice job Jay and Jeff....very impressive!

wingsnstuff

Just found out that one of my photos was used in a Travel and Leisure article last November.  Here's the link

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-worst-airports-for-flight-delays/10

Joe Copalman

Air Forces Monthly is running one of my shots on the cover of their November issue.  It's been out in the UK for weeks now, but still hasn't seemed to make it to local Barnes & Nobles.  Should be available any day now in the U.S. 

If it seems like I've been much less active on the forum than I've been in the past, the reason is that I've been working on a very large article for AFM for an upcoming "Superbase" issue, and have been sandbagging my shots from the past few months until they are published.  I initially sent this shot to my editor at AFM the evening after this flight as a teaser, and they wound up deciding to put it on the cover.  Combat Aircraft ran a shot from this flight on their cover this month as well.  That shot was taken by one of the Public Affairs Marines who was last-minute addition to the flight.  Combat Aircraft had nothing to do with this shoot, and I think that drove AFM's decision to run my shot on the cover even though it had nothing to do with any of this issue's content.

The Superbase issue should be out in December (probably more like January in the US), with plenty more shots supporting a 26-page, 15,000-word article.  AzAP member Gary Wetzel has two articles in that issue as well.

Also noteworthy is that Jeff Welker has an image in this issue as well, though he was not made aware of it.  One of his shots of the Colombian Kfirs at D-M was attributed "Jeff Welker via Juan Carlos Cicalesi," and it brought to mind the hassle some AzAP members had when guys running Colombian AF fan-sites were reposting their Kfir images without permission or credit.  Jeff has been in contact with AFM and is sorting this issue out. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

You guys should be very proud. Air Forces Monthly is a high quality publication.

I will be purchasing an issue when it comes to America (so to speak). In the meantime, the electronic version should be up to date.

Congrats Joe, Gary, and Jeff!

Steve

josephea6

Congrats Joe!  Great cover photo too.