Barry M. Goldwater Range Visit 02-Feb-2012

Started by Scott Youmans, February 02, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Joe, Thanks!  Just stumbled into that one.  The uncropped frame has twelve rounds visible.

1/4000th sec, f/4.5, ISO 200 (Aperture priority)
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Going Away Party
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

I see something in your monochrome shot Scott that I see in some of my shots as well...

The sky getting darker toward camera left when shooting tails away.  Almost like someone hung a large polarizing filter behind us.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Jay, I see what you mean. I'll take a closer look at the original tomorrow. This one had some light fall off added to it in Silver Efex Pro but theoretically it should be even all the way around.

I tend to be pretty quick and dirty when editing a lot of my posted shots because I know they're going to be relatively small.  Still, issues do show up.  What's really bad is when I print a 16x20 and then notice something like that!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on February 03, 2012, 11:47:03 PM
Jay, I see what you mean. I'll take a closer look at the original tomorrow. This one had some light fall off added to it in Silver Efex Pro but theoretically it should be even all the way around.

I tend to be pretty quick and dirty when editing a lot of my posted shots because I know they're going to be relatively small.  Still, issues do show up.  What's really bad is when I print a 16x20 and then notice something like that!

Word...  :'(

(btw, 5th post on Page 2 shows one of mine with the darkening sky to camera left)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

John B.

Awesome outing at Goldwater Range for sure.  The light and sky were both a bit weird in the morning, but not enough to detract from the day--especially later in the day. ;D 

Good to see what everybody was catching from the tower--amazing so far.

I've only looked at a couple of photos so far.  Here is one of my "point and shoot" images from just after we arrived:

Fairchild A-10C Thunderbolt 80-0181 by John Bezosky Jr., on Flickr

azbill

I agree John, an awesome outing for sure. It was my first time out there, and it exceeded my high expectations!
Definitely some fantastic images being posted up too.
I haven't been able to look at any of my images yet, I'll hopefully have a new pc Monday.
Very nice "point and shoot" image. Looking forward to seeing your other pics.
Bill

Scott Youmans

John,  Nice shot. It's good sometimes to see some space around the aircraft as in this case.  Easy on the eyes.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

walt thomas

A-10C-82-0663,Goldwater range, look close in front of the cannon smoke (I think that's a shell)? Walt Thomas, Thanks, Joe, Harvey, and Teresa

Canon EOS 7D - 0028-72,cs4 by Photos by Walt1, on Flickr

Jay Beckman

Another page of great shots!!

Good Job Guys!!!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

walt thomas

A-10C_79-0108, B.Goldwater range, I left that red railing there on purpose, Walt Thomas

Canon EOS 7D - 0428-72,cs4 by Photos by Walt1, on Flickr