All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks Joe!  I could use a little more practice shooting at super long focal lengths.  The closer shots had a much higher success rate.  Of course the distance, long focal length and motion, all conspire against us!  Except for Jay!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Scott, I don't think the learning curve on that big lens will take long to overcome.

Scott Youmans

Thanks Harvey! Maybe I just need to give up coffee.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on February 14, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
Thanks Joe!  I could use a little more practice shooting at super long focal lengths.  The closer shots had a much higher success rate.  Of course the distance, long focal length and motion, all conspire against us!  Except for Jay!

Was that with the Tamron?  Looks good to my eyes.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Joe, yes. That particular shot was not especially sharp, reasonable but not tack sharp but I liked the composition.  I'll post some on Sunday that were taken at 600mm but at closer range. Quite sharp. I want to compare it too the 500mm f/4 Canon and will post some results. So far I've been surprised at the sharpness under easy shooting conditions like Sky Harbor.  The distant Luke shots at 600mm of fast movers yielded a low keeper rate but I'm not convinced it was the lens. The ones that were sharp were quite good. I did notice better results shooting at ISO 400 rather than 200 which gave me double the shutter speed.  I was using the 1D Mark IV with a 1.3 crop factor.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved