General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Started by Joe Copalman, June 22, 2009, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

Many thanks to Harvey for this opportunity. The high quality of his photography is only exceeded by the extreme high quality of his character.

EMERALD KNIGHT at NIGHT

Side note: In the background you can see the faint light trail of two F-16's recovering on RWY 03.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Jeff, this picture would make a great poster that I'll bet lots of kids and adults would love to hang on a bedroom or den wall. It's a beauty. Thanks for your comment above.

KeithS

I really like this shot...and the star effects on the lights.  I can't figure out where the two circles in front of the left wing are coming from.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on January 31, 2014, 07:22:43 PM
Jeff, this picture would make a great poster that I'll bet lots of kids and adults would love to hang on a bedroom or den wall. It's a beauty. Thanks for your comment above.

Quote from: KeithS on January 31, 2014, 07:41:22 PM
I really like this shot...and the star effects on the lights.  I can't figure out where the two circles in front of the left wing are coming from.

Thanks Harvey and Keith for your kind comments. Like the ghosting of airmen working the EOR in some of my other images, at first I wasn't thrilled with the flair from the red strobe. After a day or two, I started to embrace this distinct effect and processed the images to take advantage of the uniqueness - rather than try to minimize or remove it.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

That is one spacey image!  Very cool indeed.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on January 31, 2014, 09:13:03 PM
That is one spacey image!  Very cool indeed.

Thanks Scott. The image does have an "other wordily" feel to it  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Wow no way I can follow those last few up but someones got to lower the bar a bit  :P

F-16C Fighting Falcon "Wild Ducks" by Pasley Aviation Photography, on Flickr

Dave S.

Quote from: Jeff Welker on January 31, 2014, 06:58:11 PM
Many thanks to Harvey for this opportunity. The high quality of his photography is only exceeded by the extreme high quality of his character.

EMERALD KNIGHT at NIGHT

Side note: In the background you can see the faint light trail of two F-16's recovering on RWY 03.

Jeff,

Were you at about (no pun intended) f 16 to get the cool starburst effect on the lights?
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on February 03, 2014, 04:20:29 PM
Jeff,

Were you at about (no pun intended) f 16 to get the cool starburst effect on the lights?

f/11 my brother. I wish I could say I planned it that way, but the truth be told f/11 is what the camera was set at when they turned the EOR ramp light off  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Wonderful Harvey, just wonderful. The "splotchy" texture of the clouds makes a unique and very interesting background for these silhouetted Vipers. The faint glint of light bouncing off the fuselage adds just the right amount of "depth" to the image. Great work sir.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Thanks Jeff, I was looking for something different and the clouds really helped. I really need to get lightroom, my processing with iPhoto just isn't cutting it anymore. You make the "Duck tail" above look like a work of art. Always fun to see what is coming next from your studio.

Joe Copalman

Solid shot, Jeff.  Add that to the pile of "Why didn't I see that?" shots.   ;D
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on February 05, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
Thanks Jeff, I was looking for something different and the clouds really helped. I really need to get lightroom, my processing with iPhoto just isn't cutting it anymore. You make the "Duck tail" above look like a work of art. Always fun to see what is coming next from your studio.

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 05, 2014, 10:50:56 AM
Solid shot, Jeff.  Add that to the pile of "Why didn't I see that?" shots.   ;D

Thanks you lads, your encouragement is appreciated.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ