News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Boeing 747

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 18, 2009, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Silliman

Requisite profile shot of Delta 747 coming into to Sky Harbor on Sunday - between rain showers.

Paul Dumm

Hey, that's not BAW 288  ???

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Boeing 747 - Atlas - at Roswell, New Mexico - 2009
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Brian Lockett

Atlas Air 747-481 N263SG arrived at Sky Harbor from Bush International Airport as GTI8472 at 9:10 PM on Thursday, March 21, 2012. It departed for Narita International Airport at 12:41 PM on March 22.

This 747-481 carries construction number 29263. It first flew on March 4, 1999 and was delivered to All Nippon Airways on March 30, 1999. Oasis Hong Kong Airlines registered it as B-LFC on April 24, 2007. It ceased operations at Hong Kong on April 9, 2008. Wells Fargo Bank registered it as N263SG on July 10, 2008 and leased it to Atlas Air on April 1, 2010.

bilwor

Good catch Brian. Well done shots, I like.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Brian Lockett

Quote from: bilwor on March 24, 2012, 07:41:06 AM
Good catch Brian. Well done shots, I like.
bill word

Thanks Bill!  It's neat to see a different airline bring a 747 to town.  I'll try to get it again on Friday.

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

lenzdudeaz

747-8i that came into KIWA last summer for ground heat testing.

All images © copyrights Lumenosity LLC, Scottsdale.

aaron kluth

Silhoutte Speedbird
All Images © of Aaron J. Kluth all rights reserved.

Daniel DeSart

Departing TIA.

Paul Dumm

I know I am the Village Idiot, But can someone please explain the different flaps on this B747??
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Chris Janes

QuoteInsert Quote
I know I am the Village Idiot, But can someone please explain the different flaps on this B747??
The 747SP as pictured above uses the single slotted type flaps. Some refer to it at as a simplifed flap. The standard 747 uses triple slotted. Boeing was able to save weight on the SP by using the Single slotted flaps. I think the 787 uses single slotted flaps.
If your the Village Idiot then that makes me idiot extraordinaire...

bilwor

Boeing 747-267B N787RR Rolls Royce North America  KTUS 06/26/12

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Daniel DeSart

Pratt & Whitney Heat.