Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Lockett

National Airlines 747-428 Boeing Converted Freighter N919CA departing Sky Harbor this morning.

Joe Copalman

Wow, 40th turned out to be the better spot for the National departure.  Love that shot of it airborne.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris Kennedy

Terrific shots, Brian. That sure is a good looking plane.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Brian Lockett

Thanks guys, 
I was reluctant to leave 40th because so many freighters were lined up to take off, and I didn't want to be in transit while they departed.
Yes, it is a pretty plane.  It rotated after a short roll and climbed out very steeply.
It looked like they were going to spend the morning taking off to the west again today.  What's the status of that dirt lot across from the Swift ramp.  Will the police run photographers off?

Brian Lockett

Here's a couple more shots of National Airlines 747-428 Boeing Converted Freighter N919CA departing in the opposite direction this morning.

Joe Copalman

Brian, Rob and I had no problems in that lot yesterday, and I've been told that that was one of the spots the airport watch group cleared with PHX ops and the police.  Not an ideal spot, as you can't see or hear aircraft until they pop up from behind Swift's hangar, but pretty much the only thing going on the south side for departures to the west.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Lockett

Evergreen International 747-212B N482EV departing sky harbor yesterday:

and today:

BillOz

Twin sisters bringing hundreds of soon to be paupers into Sin City.
Hard to read just below the noseart at this size, but this is RubyTuesday and Ladybird.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

mrblujet

This is a photo my Mom took back in the spring of 1997 at Sky Harbor here in Phoenix.  This aircraft was used as a sub for the regularly scheduled TWA Boeing 727-200 that went tech on this particular day while serving the STL-PHX-STL route.

Jay Beckman

The Whale Tasks Me...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Posting a little out of order but this shows the "girth" of the Dreamlifter as she waddles toward the active.  If you look way in the background at camera left, the area by the blue awning against the Boeing plant was where they held the 787 handover ceremony that I attended last fall.

For a sense of scale, the Dreamlifter could fit through the bay doors of the plant!

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Delta sent a 747-400 to Phoenix today, instead of the usual 757.  Other than cold temps, mostly sunlit clouds in the background, super strong winds and the occasional rain - it was quite a nice day to be out at Sky Harbor for this daylight arrival...

...and subsequent daylight departure

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Rob Silliman

Spouse approved tail chasing