Douglas A-24B par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

John B.

John B.

John B.

John B.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: John B. on November 17, 2014, 06:37:50 PM
Getting the Jaguar ready for paint....

STOP! Don't paint it John. I love it just the way it is.

Humble suggestion from the biggest dummy in AzAP, start a section of the museum for unrestored aircraft. For me, there is something to be said about an old warrior with all its scares, callouses, and wrinkles. But maybe I'm just thinking about how I look in the mirror  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

John B.

You are not alone in that, Jeff.  People are often more fascinated by the wrecks than by restored airplanes!  (Quite often photogs as well.)

John B.

The Kestrel is now about to roll out:

Hawker Siddeley Kestrel par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Here is how it looked back in April 2013--and the picture makes it look in better condition than it was!

Hawker Siddeley Kestrel - April 2013 par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

John B.

MuseumAndy

Here is a picture of the Kestrel on display.

Dave S.

Super stoked to see that Kestrel.  I'm currently reading a book about the development of its Pegasus engine.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on December 03, 2014, 12:57:18 PM
Super stoked to see that Kestrel.  I'm currently reading a book about the development of its Pegasus engine.

I'm clearly a dilettante when it comes to this aviation photography thing. The most technical volume in the modest stack of reading material on my night stand is the owners manual for my iPhone. Something I've avoided reading for nearly two years for fear I won't understand anything beyond the on/off switch.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

I've been looking forward to the Kestrel's roll out for quite some time. Working with the Marines at FRC East at Cherry Point I was able to help the Museum obtain some needed parts and technical data.  The rear (hot) nozzles were ultimately donated by the Marines who also provided the technical data to remove the outriggers from an AV-8A or C from AMARG and install them on the Kestrel.  The early development history of this aircraft starting with the original P.1127 is fascinating.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Amazing that it's essentially an early 60's design and still highly relevant today. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Really is amazing. Development of the P.1127 began in 1957!  I think the first flight was in 1960.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved