John B.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 29, 2014, 11:22:16 PM
Cold Warier - EB-47E

Ohh...  Very nice Scott.  Love the stormy wx in the background.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

John B.

That is a really wonderful shot, Scott.  Great look!

Scott Youmans

Thanks John! By the way it was great seeing you the other day and your instructions got me to the shooting spot successfully. Much appreciated.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Cold Warier - EB-47E

In addition to the wonderful quiet light and dark weather/mountains in the background, I love the framing of this photograph Scott. The pano crop and placement of the EB-47E off-center left is terrific. The angle you've chosen creates an superb "echelon" perspective between the fuselage, port side engines, and fuel tank. Your post processing treatment of the image adds a cool metallic "patina" to the aircraft that fits perfectly (IMO) with the blue tonality created by the weather. The standard PASM canopy paint can sometimes be a distraction for me; especially in daylight photography. But it blends perfectly with the overall tone of this image. Was it raining on you at the time or was the storm staying north of PASM - the B-47 looks wet. Lastly, was this a summer or winter storm? It has a cold winter look to it, but I might be misjudging.

Side note: I've always found the small "bubble-style" canopy on the Stratojet to be a very unique design element for such a large aircraft. Not something I'd expect to find on a strategic bomber. To give Boeing credit, not that they care about my opinion, I think it works aesthetically on the B-47.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Cold Warier - EB-47E

Wow, I love this shot, Scott!  Really makes me want to get down there on a moonsooney afternoon.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Scott Youmans

Thank you all!  This was taken during a monsoon storm and as I recall it was still raining lightly at that point.  The "cold" look is more the result of the dark clouds and processing than actual temperature at the time although it was relatively cool with the storm.  This was the same storm that yielded the B-36 shot with lightning in the background. I probably didn't use the best judgement staying out there as long as I did with the lightning getting close.  Got kind of creepy at a certain point and I hightailed it out of there!  Taken with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 at 170mm at f/3.5.
Jeff, I agree with you about the bubble canopy. It's pretty cool on the B-47.  As you probably know the prototype B-52 also had a bubble canopy but I think the side-by-side cockpit layout was ultimately a better choice for that behemoth.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

John B.

I hadn't posted the A-24 with propeller:

Douglas A-24B 42-54654 par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

The Jag is now in the paint booth, so we should see primer and paint soon:

SEPECAT Jaguar GR.3A XZ396 par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity