News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B.

This was something I had been wanting to try for a while.  While just an experiment, I am quite encouraged by the results and got some ideas about how I might do it better next outing.

Star Experiment (Slight Return) par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Dave S.

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 03, 2014, 11:01:20 PM
Really is amazing. Development of the P.1127 began in 1957!  I think the first flight was in 1960.

Excllent information there Scott.  As having just read the chapter (Pegasus: Heart of the Harrier, 2009)...first flight was October 21, 1960.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: John B. on December 04, 2014, 08:19:12 AM
This was something I had been wanting to try for a while.  While just an experiment, I am quite encouraged by the results and got some ideas about how I might do it better next outing.

I love the composition and framing on this image John. For me, the B-36 is tough to photograph artistically and you've done a terrific job with this image.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

BillOz

John B.
That is pretty cool Star Trails shot.
I'm curious as to why each star trail has four segments.
Was this done in 4 images that were then combined?
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

John B.

Quote from: BillOz on December 04, 2014, 08:43:56 PM
John B.
That is pretty cool Star Trails shot.
I'm curious as to why each star trail has four segments.
Was this done in 4 images that were then combined?

It is a stacked image--I am not sure why the 4 segments, though.  It is a lot more than 4 images.  Hopefully over time as I play more that will make more sense!

John B.

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 04, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

I love the composition and framing on this image John. For me, the B-36 is tough to photograph artistically and you've done a terrific job with this image.

Thanks, Jeff.  As I said, I was just trying something new.  I was glad that I got something out of it!  Thanks for the compliments.

John B.

Mike Margolis

John,

You might take a close look at the images in your "stack." Check for 3 frames that were either underexposed or maybe a gap in time. I've shot a bunch of ISS passes with multiple exposures and I get the same sort of gaps between frames - due to the speed of the ISS and the time required to recycle the shutter.

And, since they are evenly spaced maybe it's your intervalometer being whacky? Or maybe your buffer? I bet it can be identified and corrected.

Good luck!
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Joe Copalman

My thought was that it was an intervalometer gap as well.  Even with the gaps, it's still a great shot.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

One of the Avenger wrapped up.  Hopefully it will be unwrapped today!

Grumman TBM-3 Avenger 69472 par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Scott Youmans

Cargomaster - Cropped from photo taken with EOS-20D back in September 2005!  Can't believe how fast those years have flown by!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Moon Shadow - Stratofreighter, another archival shot, this one from 2007.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ I really like these two retro photographs Scott. The treatment you used on the Stratofreighter is a favorite.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Thanks Jeff.  Sometimes I think the light is more important than the subject!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved