Pima Air & Space Museum Night Shoot - December 6, 2014

Started by trmphoto, December 07, 2014, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trmphoto

Jeff D. Welker

Another great night shoot at PASM. Thanks John for accommodating us and thanks Joe for organizing the troops. I hauled a chair around all night but never actually sat in the darn thing. My back locked-up shortly after I got home at 2:15 AM. Apparently the slightly cold temps, damp air, and standing for several hours has done a number on this old man's back. I've not gotten to sleep yet, but hoping the drugs will take effect soon. As you might imagine, I spent some time molesting my beloved Fairey AEW MK.3 Gannet. Here is one of her many poses from this evening.

DOUBLE MAMBA
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 07, 2014, 05:17:45 AM
Another great night shoot at PASM. Thanks John for accommodating us and thanks Joe for organizing the troops. I hauled a chair around all night but never actually sat in the darn thing. My back locked-up shortly after I got home at 2:15 AM. Apparently the slightly cold temps, damp air, and standing for several hours has done a number on this old man's back. I've not gotten to sleep yet, but hoping the drugs will take effect soon. As you might imagine, I spent some time molesting my beloved Fairey AEW MK.3 Gannet. Here is one of her many poses from this evening.

DOUBLE MAMBA

I love the way you framed that Jeff. Nicely done.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Chris V

Chris V

Matt Ottosen

It was another awesome night shoot, thanks to all involved in putting this together!  There are some incredible images being posted, everyone just keeps upping their game every time we head down to PASM.  Nice work everyone, thus far, I look forward to seeing the rest of the photos from last night.

Boeing NB-52A Stratofortress
Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB
The High and Mighty One
One of two modified for the X-15 Project.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Chris V

Chris V

Matt Ottosen

Boeing KC-135A Stratotanker
Aero Spacelines B-377-SG Super Guppy
International Space Station (ISS)

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on December 07, 2014, 02:23:12 PM
There are some incredible images being posted, everyone just keeps upping their game every time we head down to PASM. 

Your NASA shot certainly fits into the "upping their game" category.  Solid work, Matt.

I felt like I started strong, had a weak middle, then got my mojo back at the end of the night.  Having forgot my fisheye at home that morning, I borrowed Liza's Canon 10-18mm.  I had a few problems with it, namely having to stop down to f/13 to get wall-to-wall sharpness, which required longer exposures, and am really not satisfied with any of my shots with it.  Moving forward, paying good money for that opportunity and only having a scant 4.5 hours to shoot, I'm not going to mess around with new or borrowed gear.  My 70-200 and 28-135 both gave me solid results that were easy to achieve. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Eastern Star
8-frame panorama (two rows of four) stitched in post.

Twilight Of A Cold Warrior
Convair B-36 Peacemaker
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com