Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

I'm going to make a confession Jeff.  You have this knack for "don't give a damn" crops that I still can't figure out how I feel about.  You'll do things like chop off main gear mid-tire or half of a nosecone like it's nothing.  It's like you're messing around in that awkward zone between whole-aircraft/whole-fuselage shots and obvious macro/close-up shots.  And on the one hand, it bugs me because I want it to be at one extreme or the other, but on the other hand, the results when you do this (with the Hustler shot above and "All American Sunset" from a previous PASM trip being standouts) are typically pretty awesome.  It's like they're not shots I'd get, or even shots I'd want to get, but I can't seem to get enough of them.  
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

This is a very creative shot Jeff, the split of the airframe and the colors really set it apart from the rest of the Hustler shots, beautiful color and composition,beyond well done.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 09, 2014, 09:46:55 PM
I'm going to make a confession Jeff.  You have this knack for "don't give a damn" crops that I still can't figure out how I feel about.  You'll do things like chop off main gear mid-tire or half of a nosecone like it's nothing.  It's like you're messing around in that awkward zone between whole-aircraft/whole-fuselage shots and obvious macro/close-up shots.  And on the one hand, it bugs me because I want it to be at one extreme or the other, but on the other hand, the results when you do this (with the Hustler shot above and "All American Sunset" from a previous PASM trip being standouts) are typically pretty awesome.  It's like they're not shots I'd get, or even shots I'd want to get, but I can't seem to get enough of them.   

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 09, 2014, 09:50:12 PM
This is a very creative shot Jeff, the split of the airframe and the colors really set it apart from the rest of the Hustler shots, beautiful color and composition,beyond well done.

Joe - The lovely Mrs. Welker has tried to make sense of me for the past 40 years without success. Thank you my brother for the kind comments. My crops are more of a feel thing that I can't generally explain. It's just what struck me as appropriate in that moment. My cropping weirdness is amplified when the sun goes down and the moon rises.  ;D

Thank you Harvey. I love this old B-58 and enjoy shooting it every time I'm at PASM.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

trmphoto

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ Wow Tom; that is one powerful flashlight you were using on the C-54  ;)  Terrific work sir.

MY FAIREY LADY
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Wow, Wow, and more Wow....  What awesome images everyone is posting.  AzAP'ers have really up their game with this photo shoot at PASM.  Amazing work!!!   :D

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

trmphoto

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 09, 2014, 10:31:05 PM
^^^^ Wow Tom; that is one powerful flashlight you were using on the C-54  ;)  Terrific work sir.
Thanks Jeff.  I sure did a lot of running around the aircraft from front to rear with my various lights.  I was tired by the end of the night!

DOUGLAS C-124C GLOBEMASTER II

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Solid images all around!

Fun Night.  Glad we had a good turnout!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ