Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Thank you very much Bill, I enjoyed shooting our squadron photo for the last two years.

Scott Youmans

Luke AFB 25 years ago.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 12, 2014, 04:23:00 PM
Luke AFB 25 years ago.

Now that is a blast from the past. Very cool Scott.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Thanks Jeff. And thanks to the designers at Convair for the coolness factor!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Quote"Check 6"
Catching up on my review of recent posts. The F-35 really does look imposing behind those F-16s. Great shot!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Thank you Scott, right place right time, I saw them taxiing and I thought if the aviation gods were on my side, this may develop into a decent shot. I was blessed.  ;D

Love the F106 shot Scott, the last one I remember seeing on the Luke ramp may have been this one. I remember these California guys would drop in on a semi regular basis for a couple of years and then they were gone. I feel very fortunate to have worked here while the German F104s were still flying, what a great sound and visual treat. I'm truly glad I am old enough to have experienced the older aircraft that were soon to fly into the sunset. When I was a young controller I worked F-100s, F-101 Vodoos, F-111s, F-102s, F-106s, and there were plenty of aircraft that still had those propeller things.   

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 12, 2014, 08:53:11 PM
When I was a young controller I worked F-100s, F-101 Vodoos, F-111s, F-102s, F-106s, and there were plenty of aircraft that still had those propeller things.   

Pics or it didn't happen.   ;D

Love that -106 shot, Scott.  The Air Guard used to be so much more photogenic back then.   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Joe, one of my Xmas gifts from my daughter will be having 138 slides digitized. They will include a couple of Tomcats on a fast initial with wings retracted, B-57 Weather birds in Panama (long wings), a Tri-motor C-47 "turbo prop" on skies, I've never seen another like it when I was in Greenland. I intend to "put up", I said UP, not out.  ;) ;D

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 13, 2014, 10:28:20 AM
I intend to "put up", I said UP, not out.  ;) ;D

So it's a good news/good news situation.  Excellent. 

And looking forward to the WB-57 shots.  One of my favorite variants of one of my favorite aircraft.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Can't wait to see those Harvey!  Thanks Jeff, Harvey, and Joe in regard to the F-106. I hope to have some time over the holidays to scan some more.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Tower Guy