Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azbill

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks to Joe for a "heads-up" phone call on this Scooter. It's an experimental Douglas A-4K Skyhawk that came in very late on Thursday for the airshow. We were on the wrong side of the light and the dark OD green paint contrasted poorly against the fading haze/overcast. On my LCD, these initially looked like silhouettes, but I slapped the pixels around this morning and got a passable image.

THE WILD ONE
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Congrats for bringing this photo to life Jeff. Mine all look like it was a black aircraft, maybe I can get something better when he departs.

Chris Janes

Awesome shots so far... instead of being at the airshow this weekend I'm boxing up my camera and sending it off to Canon. I was swapping out a data card yesterday and out came one of the pins. I'm just slightly annoyed as I had been planning this trip since it was announced. Black Cloud strikes again.

Barry Griffiths

Super high quality Luke photos, Kaspar.
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jeff Welker on March 15, 2014, 09:31:18 AM
Thanks to Joe for a "heads-up" phone call on this Scooter. It's an experimental Douglas A-4K Skyhawk that came in very late on Thursday for the airshow. We were on the wrong side of the light and the dark OD green paint contrasted poorly against the fading haze/overcast. On my LCD, these initially looked like silhouettes, but I slapped the pixels around this morning and got a passable image.
More than passable! Looks great considering the forces conspiring against getting that shot.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Here's my botched attempt.  Somehow I ended up shooting this guy at 1/90th. 
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 15, 2014, 03:57:16 PM
Here's my botched attempt.  Somehow I ended up shooting this guy at 1/90th. 

I like that angle Scott. You're one of the "steady hands" guys that can shoot 1/90th - not me  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks Jeff, looks ok at small sizes but you should see the other Skyhawk shots.  Pretty much a total loss.  Live and learn over and over again!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Gorgeous, love the warmth.  It has the signature Welker look.  One of my favorite aircraft too.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Beauty Jeff, that light is very complimentary to that aircraft. Great catch!

Jeff D. Welker

Now that's what I'm talking about - BOOM!

Killer image Harvey.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ