Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Dinsdale

Annie got us a membership to the zoo Christmas.  We have already used it twice.  These are just a couple highlights from our most recent visit. 

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

KeithS

Tower Guy

This would be a great place to hang out and photograph for a day or two or three. Very nice shots Vance.

wingsnstuff

Thank you Harvey.  One could easily spend days there and not see it all.  The place is magical in that it changes so dramatically with each season and even during the changing light conditions during a single day.  Everything looks different as the light and sun angles change. If you like bugs, there are plenty of them to see, If you like birds and other wildlife there's lots, and the flowering plants are too numerous to count (shapes, sizes and colors). 

scottcolbath

OK, here's some stuff from the NHRA test today at Wild Horse Pass raceway.

Jack Beckman in  car.

And out of the car.

Mrs. Jesse James, AKA Alexis DeJoria.

Cruz Pedregon with the El Guapo body on the car. He names them for specific reasons. Another is called Frankenstein because it's made up of parts of several other bodies.

John Force in the car.

And doing his scooter thing.

2016 Nitro Funny Car champ, Ron Capps in the car.

And Ron with some dork.

If your boss' name is John Force, and he says "No onions on my burger". He really mens no.......friggin'.........onions.

Troy Coughlin moves into JR Todd's car, as JR moves to a Kalitta funny car. Worsham left to work with his own family's team.

Leah Pritchett gets a full year ride at DSR for 2017.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Great work Scott.  I always love your images from the drags.  I can almost feel the rumble...
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

A bachelor locomotive rests on a siding as night falls in Casa Grande, AZ.

UP 1413 - EMD MP15AC
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on February 04, 2017, 09:12:08 PM
Great work Scott.  I always love your images from the drags.  I can almost feel the rumble...

Thanks Jeff. I haven't been on the wall in ten years. You know how wild it is from the stands. Imagine the impact when you are standing just a few feet away as they blow by you. I'd forgotten just how much more intense it is. The first car actually sort of surprised me and my shots were complete shit. But then I settled in after gauging just how wild a ride it was going to be and enjoyed the hell out of the day.

I love coming home and still having the smell of burnt rubber and nitro lingering in my nose for the rest of the night.

BTW, the race is in a few weeks. I usually attend on Friday since the crowd is smaller. You got any interest in going?

S.C.

John S

Can't wait for the drags Scott. My favorite time of the year.  I didn't go to the testing, didn't want to use any of my floating holidays for it. Plan on going all 3 days when they get here end of the month.  I usually get a credential so I will be on the wall Friday, that's the only day they let me there.   Heard they might be cutting back on the number of photographers allowed on the wall, guess its a Fox thing.  I love the rubber and nitro smell when I get home too.  Need to try for a NASCAR credential one of these years.

John

wingsnstuff

The fading light on the locomotive is very nice.  The subtle highlights and shade create a spectacular image.  Well done Jeff.

scottcolbath

Quote from: John S on February 05, 2017, 01:48:07 PM
Can't wait for the drags Scott. My favorite time of the year.  I didn't go to the testing, didn't want to use any of my floating holidays for it. Plan on going all 3 days when they get here end of the month.  I usually get a credential so I will be on the wall Friday, that's the only day they let me there.   Heard they might be cutting back on the number of photographers allowed on the wall, guess its a Fox thing.  I love the rubber and nitro smell when I get home too.  Need to try for a NASCAR credential one of these years.

John

The Fox coverage last year was horrible, and I don't expect it to be any better this year. And I may be able to get you hooked up for NASCAR. I know a guy.

S.C.

Tower Guy

Very cool photo Vance, these guys could use a little larger log.

Chris V

MuseumAndy

Jay Beckman

Happy 115th Birthday to Ansel Adams...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com