Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Composite photo or not, that is outstanding!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

Short story made long. I've been sick the past few days and being cooped-up at the house has driven me nearly crazy. This afternoon I decided to rise from my bed of affliction and drive to the Pavillions to see how the Saturday evening car show was going. I brought my camera and one lens. Things started off well. There was some terrific light, a gaggle of nice cars, and I felt nearly normal. About 45-minutes into my little sortie, my body reminded me that I was still sick. Hurling behind my truck attracted a few onlookers who quickly concluded I had been drinking heavily. Suffice it to say I put the camera away, cleaned myself up, and drove home. I'm back in bed, but wanted to share three of the images I captured before things went south.

When I feel better, I intend to return. Some interesting photography ops.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Jeff, Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  Doesn't seem to have diminished your photography skills!  Hope you feel better soon.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

scottcolbath

I'm sorry he didn't get a selfie while barfing.  ;D

Great shots Jeff.

S.C.

azspyder

Jeff,

I once saw Michael Jordan score 38 points in a game with the flu. It appears that you are equally proficient in your craft when ill. Great photos.  I hope you feel better soon.

Anna M. Wood

Sweet images Jeff.....  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks all for the kind words and well wishes. I'm simply a bigger wimp than most. Since I can't sleep at the moment; one more from this evening.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Very nice shots, one and all Jeff. This last one of the Cobra is really cool. Take care my friend, hope you feel better soon.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 25, 2014, 09:29:23 AM
Very nice shots, one and all Jeff. This last one of the Cobra is really cool. Take care my friend, hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Harvey.

This one is for you Messrs. Colbath....

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Bubak

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff Welker on May 25, 2014, 12:49:43 PM
This one is for you Messrs. Colbath....

Thanks Jeff. Did you see my post on FB about this bike? Not a 59, but a 2004 or later Thurxton.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Bubak on May 26, 2014, 05:55:21 AM
Jeff feel better soon!

Thanks Kaspar. I hit bottom yesterday and hope to be doing better today - we shall see  ;D

Quote from: scottcolbath on May 26, 2014, 08:10:50 AM
Thanks Jeff. Did you see my post on FB about this bike? Not a 59, but a 2004 or later Thurxton.

S.C.

I appreciate the information Scott, thanks for the correction. Just another public display of my mediocre brainpan  ;)

Here is a V-Twin - circa 'unknown'  ;D

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Me thinks there is something other than the stock Ford motor under this truck's hood  ;)

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff Welker on May 26, 2014, 08:50:58 AM

I appreciate the information Scott, thanks for the correction. Just another public display of my mediocre brainpan  ;)

Here is a V-Twin - circa 'unknown'  ;D

It's a "breather head" sportster. I believe they went to this style of case venting on the Sportsters in about 1991, and they still use it today. With the exception of the rear brake master cylinder, there's not much left on that bike that is stock. A cool, minimalist chopper. I've always loved Sportsters more than any other Harley platform. This Sportster was given to me by a friend, who just decided to give up riding. I rode the wheels of that thing, then handed it down to my younger brother, who did the same.

I used to leave my Hayabusa at home and take the Sportster out with my sport bike riding friends. I would put a little bit of hurt on that poor bike.

;D

S.C.