Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Neds's the experten but I would say your ID is correct.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Stephen Marshall

Just thought I would check in with some of my latest work:

I've been getting into time-lapses recently and I just spent this past weekend in the mountains of Pine Valley California and took this while I was there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14565546@N03/6713024179/

140 frames
1 min. exposure each
Played back at 15 fps

And yes, that is the moon!  8)
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Ned Harris

Scott: Yes, those are cormorants. I saw several groups on my last visit to 40th street.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jay Beckman

Don't know if I'll drag it out for aviation (maybe Coolidge) but I got a great deal on a Gitzo tripod and Wimberley MkI head

Went out and practiced on some local water fowl

These were all 300mm + 2X TC .. Plate for the 500 is on order.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Scott Youmans

Nice rig!  I picked up a Wimberley head from Mike when I purchased his lens. Have yet to try it (Wimberley) but it is a beautifully made piece of "kit" as they say on the other side of the pond.  No reference to the duck photos intended.  My tripod will need upgrading as I have a fairly lightweight carbon Gitzo.

Here's a handheld shot taken at 40th and the river bottom a few days ago.  Wimberley would have served me well.  I include this shot not so much for any great aesthetic achievement but to let folks know that there are coyotes around the airport.  Not surprising really.  This was one of a pack of three.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Ned Harris

Jay: Congratulations on the acquisition of the Gitzo and Wimberley. I'm sure you will love them as I love mine. Enjoyed your Ring-neckerd Ducks.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

American Wigeon, Sweetwater Wetlands, 1/27/12.

_92W2524 American Wigeon by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Chris V

Shot from Barrett Jackson show with a little work done on it.

Jeff D. Welker

@Chris: I really like your treatment of the "Moonshine Express". It would definitely be interesting to see a before and after of this image that would illustrate the "little work" you've done. Thanks for sharing.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Wait, that's JULY!?!?  :o

I'd hate to see January!
(Provided you could even get there in January)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Chris V

Quote from: Jeff Welker on February 01, 2012, 04:46:51 AM
@Chris: I really like your treatment of the "Moonshine Express". It would definitely be interesting to see a before and after of this image that would illustrate the "little work" you've done. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jeff!  Here is the before shot.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Chris V on February 01, 2012, 06:46:31 PMThanks Jeff!  Here is the before shot.

Wow Chris, I genuflect in your general direction. From now on, I shall call you Clone Master or Guru of the Dodge and Burn  ;D

You've inspired me to revisit a buch of shots I took at the Good Guys car show last year. Maybe this weekend, I'll see if I'm up to the task. If you have any suggestions or pointers for an old man, please feel free to share.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Quote from: Jeff Welker on February 01, 2012, 08:30:54 PM
Quote from: Chris V on February 01, 2012, 06:46:31 PMThanks Jeff!  Here is the before shot.

Wow Chris, I genuflect in your general direction. From now on, I shall call you Clone Master or Guru of the Dodge and Burn  ;D

You've inspired me to revisit a buch of shots I took at the Good Guys car show last year. Maybe this weekend, I'll see if I'm up to the task. If you have any suggestions or pointers for an old man, please feel free to share.

I consider myself pretty much a novice maybe somewhat intermediate at Photoshop still, not all shots turn out like you want them to. This one did for me. I tweaked this shot for a couple hours till I was happy with it. No one program is the answer, I usually run a shot though multiple programs trying different things till I start getting the result I am looking for. This shot started as preset in HDR Efex Pro and then the rest of the editing was done in LR4 & CS5.

David Loera

Went to a demolition Derby out in AJ tonight

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.