Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Visually, the technique doesn't seem to fit the subject matter.  To me it looks like a photograph of a model airplane in a diorama, but I think that may be purely the result of the compressed depth of field.  Just a thought.

wingsnstuff

That is so awesome it can only be Arizona.  Great capture...I love this state.   8)

Bubak

;D   ........I love this state too!!

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

F-16_fixer

This is what real Deer look like  ;D  Taken on my trip to Ohio

-Chris-

Jay Beckman

Nah, that's a Rat with Antlers...   ;)

<Nice Morning Light! Welcome Home!>
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

F-16_fixer

Thanks Jay!  There is a story behind this image and it's extremely frustrating.

I was driving to work and saw him in the field.  I passed him and turned around and parked on the opposite side of the road and grabbed the camera and took about three shots.  I realized there was some brush in my way as you can see so I decided to turn around and get a little closer on the other side of the road and try to shoot over the brush.  Before I could pull out and turn around some lady in a Volvo decided I was trying to kill him so she pulls up and starts blaring her horn and I watched as he took off into the woods behind him.  The lady driving the Volvo looked right at me and said "You're not gonna kill that one!"  and took off before I could even get a word out.  I was beyond pissed and couldn't believe someone would mistake a big white camera lens for a gun..  but oh well I guess that's the kind of people we live with these days. 
-Chris-

F-16_fixer

From the banks of the Mighty Scioto River

-Chris-

cpasley

Why do I suddenly hear banjos and have an urge to go up river in a canoe  ;)

.........is mighty beautiful though

F-16_fixer

Haha yeah Ohio is very backwoods but it's home to me and pics like this help me remember my younger days  :)
-Chris-

Paul Dumm

Younger Day??? What two or three years ago??? ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

F-16_fixer

Well technically I haven't lived in southern Ohio for 15 years now.
-Chris-