Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris V

Quote from: Glenn Bloore on December 17, 2012, 09:32:57 PM
Chris,

I can not imagine how you can improve upon that shot.  It is Flawless!!

Thanks!

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris V on December 19, 2012, 07:08:24 AM
Quote from: Glenn Bloore on December 17, 2012, 09:32:57 PM
Chris,

I can not imagine how you can improve upon that shot.  It is Flawless!!

Thanks!

How about all the details on the shot?

S.C.

Chris V

[/quote]

How about all the details on the shot?

S.C.
[/quote]

3 shots bracketed +2,0.-2 hand held.
ISO 100
F/6.3
Put together in Photomatix and tweaked in Viveza2 & CS5.

wingsnstuff

Ned, Your bird photos are so inspiring.  Thanks for sharing them with us.  Merry Christmas from Virginia.

Joe Copalman

PRAIRIE SKYSCRAPER

No idea what the function of this building was, but it was right across the road from a lavender farm up in Concho, AZ. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Possibly an old drying station for the lavender   That heavy guage wire going up to the ceiling may have been for a heating element,  it might have been a pumping station. Very interesting shot.  Happy New Year from Virginia to you and all the AZAP Shooters

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 28, 2012, 01:52:22 AM
PRAIRIE SKYSCRAPER

No idea what the function of this building was, but it was right across the road from a lavender farm up in Concho, AZ.  

Terrific image Joe. I like how you've framed the skyscraper off center an let the "void" of the prairie fill up two thirds of the image. For me it is like a monolith of the old west. Something from the mind of Louis L'Amour instead of Arthur C. Clarke.

As a native Arizonan, I really think I should be able to answer the question of the buildings function - I cannot. Vance sure could be correct about it being a drying station.

PS - Happy New Year to you Vance. I know many of our ranks miss your association.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 18, 2012, 03:22:36 PM
Prior to sunrise arrival to PHX

Gooood Morning Phoenix Arizona! by Tower Guy, on Flickr

Harvey; your late evening/sunset images continue to be some of my favorites. Well conceived and executed sir.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

The first time I saw the Sea Elephants lying on the beach I thought they were rocks.  When I pulled to the parking lot and a coulple of them moved I was completely surprised at their size.  They are much bigger that I imagined.  Very nice shots  Were these taken near Santa Barbara

wingsnstuff

Happy New Year Harvey.  Nice Shot!  Traffic heading to PHX

Joe Copalman

That elephant seal looks like he's giving another seal the "GET OFF MY LAWN!" treatment.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Wow!  Some of the BEST hummingbird photos I've ever seen.  Excellent.  I'd like to know your secret because I've tried for years and failed on every attempt.  Stunning images.

Tower Guy

Jeff and Vance, thanks for your comments, Happy New Year!

Jay Beckman

My humble thanks to everyone in AzAP for the friendship and great times in 2012.  I hope everyone has a fabulous, productive and creative 2013!

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

wingsnstuff

Same to you Jay.  Keep posting your great shots.  They are an inspiration for me.