News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

Every get the feeling that your being surrounded.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Paul Dumm

I know what your talking abut Jason, Last night it was a few then at 1700 bam!! USAir came alive. There were still more to the left backed up that I could not get in frame.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

That's just how it works at hubs.  After a morning of shooting at IAH, I vowed to never shoot another Continental 737 again.  Then when the good heavy cargo and long-haul stuff started showing up, it used the north runway, which even at 500mm may as well be in Dallas.  (I did break that vow, as Continental birds at PHX are a welcome change).
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ramp Rat

Quote from: Paul Dumm on October 16, 2010, 10:35:05 AM
Every get the feeling that your being surrounded.

If you would have panned just a little further to the left you probably would have seen me at work! It's nice seeing departures from the north runway for once, thanks to the construction occurring on RWY 7L/25R. Sure makes things clogged around the ramp, though.

Paul Dumm

Smallest one to come in when I was there a few weeks ago.

Paul Dumm

It is, The little thing was hidding from the BIG BAD BA747. 

Joe Copalman

Finally got a chance to shoot when the clouds worked for a shot, and not against it.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Dave S.

Did I over do it with the Clone tool?
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Dave S. on October 26, 2010, 08:41:45 PM
Did I over do it with the Clone tool?

Nah, you're good for at least another five tails...

(As you can see by the paint schemes, mine's a lot older...)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

I cheated though...  I was in Seat 2A at the time.   ;)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

... and I was standing in seat 3F (the back of my truck).
www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com