Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

Hmmm not sure I wanna know the details behind that one

Jbong

We had a Rookie Spotter with us whom decided to Slam his 44oz thurstbuster.

Ryan Keough

Not sure if I was supposed to put this under warbirds or under Sky Harbor... but considering it was on our (Cutter Aviation's) ramp, I figured it would belong here!  Dan Friedkin flew it in from Houston to PHX and then Kevin Eldridge met him and took off for Chino to join up with the three others for the four-ship flight up to Mather Field.

Not a bad ride!  For those of you curious, this is NL38TF 44-53095 that flew as "Putt Putt Maru" for many years with Waltrip at Lone Star Flight Museum.  It was purchased by Tom Blair of Kissimmee, FL for a time then sold to the Friedkin collection, aka: Comanche Warbirds of Houston, TX.  Sharp looking bird and super nice pilots!
Ryan Keough
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Awesome!  Glad someone caught it.

Did another Mexican Navy CASA 290 come in this evening?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Last Sunday at Sky Harbor, landing on the north runway.

McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Marine Attack Squadron 311 (VMA-311) "Tomcats"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Nice close-in catches Matt!  Better than any landing shots I've gotten of them at Willie.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

jslugman

Well that's different. Is Midwest a regular sight there?
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Joe Copalman

Yup.  A handful of flights daily.  They flew Boeing 717s until recently.  I believe they are actually part of Republic/Frontier now, hence the new jungle jets.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

wingsnstuff

Jason, I can completely understand your frustration with dust on the sensor.  Those specks make it look like you've never cleaned your lens.  With me, that can be a problem too, but let's not go there :P.  Avoiding lense changes in the open helps slow the process down, but it just seems to happen.  Tempe Camera has done a pretty good job on mine and it's about time for another cleaning.  FYI, I have the same lense you just purchased, and I am really happy with it.  It's light weight, quiet and the optics are pretty good edge to edge.  The price isn't too bad either.  ;D