Sky Harbor

Started by CJPalmer, August 27, 2009, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJPalmer

Sunday Sept. 6th will be a good day for a meet up at Sky Harbor. Due to arrive at 1130 am is an Air China 747-400.

redsox223

That sounds interesting.

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: CJPalmer on August 27, 2009, 04:10:49 PM
Sunday Sept. 6th will be a good day for a meet up at Sky Harbor. Due to arrive at 1130 am is an Air China 747-400.

Don't think I'll be able to make this one.  What kind of charter is this?
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

CJPalmer

Not sure. But it will be leaving and returning Monday morning-noonish, and departing Tuesday mid morning.

Joe Copalman

Oh.  I ordered some Chinese food, direct from the source.  Don't worry, there's enough for everyone.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

CJPalmer

Wow! When you get a craving, you go all out!

Rob Silliman

Quote from: CJPalmer on August 27, 2009, 04:40:03 PM
Not sure. But it will be leaving and returning Monday morning-noonish, and departing Tuesday mid morning.

Its not;
- Chinese New Year (late January)
- World Baseball Classic (mid March)
- Arizona Fall League Baseball (October)

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 27, 2009, 04:47:28 PM
Oh.  I ordered some Chinese food, direct from the source.  Don't worry, there's enough for everyone.

It's going to be like 15 hours old by the time it gets here!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on August 27, 2009, 04:58:02 PM

Exactly.  You know how Chinese food is always better as leftovers, when the noodles and meat have really had some time to soak up all the sauces and whatnot? 

You're welcome.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 27, 2009, 05:10:11 PM
Quote from: Matt Ottosen on August 27, 2009, 04:58:02 PM

Exactly.  You know how Chinese food is always better as leftovers, when the noodles and meat have really had some time to soak up all the sauces and whatnot? 

You're welcome.

Thanks Joe, what would we do without you?!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Rob Silliman

This morning at Sky Harbor - the approach direction changed from Eastbound to Westbound between 11:20am and 11:40am.

Depending on how close to 11:30 the charter arrives at - it is a crap shoot if it will come in from the East or the West.

Anyone want to flip a coin?

Rob

redsox223

I was there too and i think the switch was right at 1130 on the dot. Terminal Three might be a safe place to hedge bets.

Rob Silliman

Anyone interested in meeting for Breakfast on Sunday morning to work out a plan - in advance of the arrival?

Rob

redsox223

That does sound interesting. And I dont know if anyone has a scanner, but I can stream PHX center from liveatc on my phone, which should be able to provide a heads up on any rwy changes.

CJPalmer

I'd be up for breakfast. Know of a good place that might have wifi? If so I can track it until it while we plan.