Arizona Aviation Photographers (AzAP)
15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Congratulations Joe.  That's quite an honor to be among the "Worlds Best".  That's definitely rarified air!  Well earned.  Your images are exceptional. 

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on July 08, 2018, 08:33:02 PM
Joe, I'd like to be kept in the loop on this if an opportunity ever arises for extra content creators.  Just by reading the cover this is something I'd buy. And am going to when it comes available.

Noted.  Word is they sold out of all the copies Key had at RIAT this week and had to raid the warehouse to replenish stocks there, so it sounds like it's doing pretty good.  Fingers-crossed it gets picked up as something more than just a one-off. 

And thanks Vance.  I'm actually pretty humbled now that I see everyone else who contributed to this.   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Corbett

As with Ross, I'd love to know if they want extra content contributors. Ordered my copy last week and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Not sure this fits in this thread because I didn't shoot a single photo for it, but the November issue of Combat Aircraft features my first 'Glory Days' article, this one the first of a two-part look back at the early days of Marine Corps Harrier operations with the AV-8A.  This was one of the most interesting assignments I've taken to date, as it gave me the opportunity to interview four guys who flew the Harrier in the early 1970s and spent the rest of their careers in the AV-8 community, with most of them having some design inputs into the AV-8B. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

tajmahal250

Finally getting around to these. Two recent ones of mine. May 2019 in Phoenix Magazine and the May 2019 issue of Scramble of the Japanese F-35.

PaulBradley

I have a 5-page photo report on the Yuma airshow in the August issue of Model Aircraft magazine - should be out in Britain next week and in the US in, oh, three years..... ::)

Joe Copalman

Don't you just love that shipping lag?

Congrats!

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Had a few articles hit simultaneously this past month, kind of, all of them about Bell H-1s (not planned, just all wound up being published around the same time).

August issue of Air International has my story on HMLA-773, the Marine Corps' east coast reserve light attack squadron.  This one just showed up on shelves at B&N this past week.

October issue of Combat Aircraft has my story on the Army's AH-1F Cobras in Operation Desert Storm, specifically on 4th Squadron/2nd Armored Cav Regiment.  2nd ACR screened for VII Corps, which was Schwarzkopf's 'right hook' through Iraq into Kuwait, and the Cobras screened for 2nd ACR, plinking off tanks and APCs and rounding up POWs along the way.  Really, really enjoyed writing this one.

October issue of AirForces Monthly has my article on Yuma SAR that I've been trying to write since 2015 but kept getting told 'No' on.  Finally got the green light last summer, glad this one is finally out. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

PaulBradley

PaulBradley

OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong here - I can't seem to see photos I'm trying to post. Can anyone else see the image in the previous post?

Joe Copalman

Looks like you're copying and pasting the wrong link.  It needs to be in BBCode, which is formatted for forums like this.  Flickr's 'share' function conveniently has BBCode as one of the link options, all you have to do is copy and paste it.  I've done two screenshots and posted them below. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

PaulBradley

Quote from: Joe Copalman on September 28, 2019, 08:58:41 AM
Looks like you're copying and pasting the wrong link.  It needs to be in BBCode, which is formatted for forums like this.  Flickr's 'share' function conveniently has BBCode as one of the link options, all you have to do is copy and paste it.  I've done two screenshots and posted them below. 

Aha! Many thanks, Joe!

Brian Corbett

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

PaulBradley

Cheers, Brian! They've commissioned me to do the same for Nellis - I'm waiting to hear about my media accreditation....