News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Fantastic Jay....  Very well deserved.   :)

Jeff D. Welker

Well done Jay.  Congrats.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Corbett

Look what I did! I'm famous now! HAHA!

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Anna M. Wood

Nicely done Brian....

Anna M. Wood

PASM used one of my Constellation photos from the our Oct 2015 visit for the cover of their Winter 2016 magazine.

Brian Corbett

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

God, what a shot.  Congrats, Anna!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Thank you....   ;D

Joe Copalman

The October 2017 issue of Aviation News is pretty much an AzAP-palooza.

I wrote an article on PASM, which naturally has several of my shots in it, but it also has numerous images submitted to the magazine by PASM.  Unfortunately, most of them (including some of mine) are credited to PASM, rather than the individual shooters, but some are clearly the work of Scott Youmans and John Bezosky.  To top it off, Anna's Connie shot from a few posts up takes the entire back cover. 

More stuff out this month, but I'll save that for another post.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Joe Copalman on November 07, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
The October 2017 issue of Aviation News is pretty much an AzAP-palooza.

I wrote an article on PASM, which naturally has several of my shots in it, but it also has numerous images submitted to the magazine by PASM.  Unfortunately, most of them (including some of mine) are credited to PASM, rather than the individual shooters, but some are clearly the work of Scott Youmans and John Bezosky.  To top it off, Anna's Connie shot from a few posts up takes the entire back cover.  

More stuff out this month, but I'll save that for another post.

Really.... That is cool.   I will have to go out and get a copy.   ;D

tajmahal250

Non aviation picture, but my photo of Route 66 in Albuquerque was recently published in Albuquerque the Magazine as the July 2018 photo of the month.

Joe Copalman

Congrats Taj!  That's a great shot and a pretty awesome write-up. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Bit of a different one for me, as my contribution to this new bookazine being launched by Key Publications this week has me writing about writing for publication.  Kind of humbled by the inclusion of some of the other shooters published in this, but stoked to see the names of good friends like Doug Glover and Steve Zimmerman in there as well.

At the moment, this is a one-off, test-the-market kind of thing, but if it takes off, they're going to need shooters to contribute fresh content.  If you have any interest in writing about photography ("How I got the shot," how to shoot at x airport, different techniques, that kind of stuff), keep that in mind.  I let y'all know if Key bites and decides to do another one moving forward (might be quarterly, might be yearly, might be the only one they ever run, it all depends on sales).

Should be available for purchase on Key's website starting Monday, I'll post the link when it goes active. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ross Dinsdale

Joe, I'd like to be kept in the loop on this if an opportunity ever arises for extra content creators.  Just by reading the cover this is something I'd buy. And am going to when it comes available.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"